• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Quick Tip How to use the Rising Sun calendar

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I just set up a Google Calendar for Rising Sun. So far, I have added Cruise Moab 2018 and our monthly RS meetings to the calendar. In the future, all our events can be on the calendar, added by our event coordinator or whoever is running the event.

Here's the link to view the calendar on our website.

Here's a link to the RS Google Calendar so you can add it to your existing Google calendar feeds. If you have a Gmail address or a Google account, you should be able to add this. It should be easy to add to the calendar app on your phone as well.

If you want to be able to ADD or EDIT the calendar, you must give me your email address.

The benefit is that you can pull this into whatever electronic calendar you are already using, rather than having to retype the events into your own calendar.

It's a public calendar, which supposedly will allow people who don't have a Google account to access the calendar. We'll also figure out a way to display upcoming events here on the website.

If the link above doesn't work for you, PM me your email address and I can try to add you that way.

Last edited:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
If you want to be able to EDIT the calendar, you must give me your email address. It may need to be a Gmail address - I'm not sure.

If you just want to subscribe to the calendar so you can read the events, you can use the link above.

Here's a help article about Google Calendar.

Lars

RS Moderator
Staff member
Looking great. Thanks for setting that up!!!

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
easily added to my calendar. Thanks, Matt.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Requiring a google log in...

You have a few options here:

1. I made the calendar 'public' because, according to Google, this is the only way to allow non-Google users to access the calendar. You'll need to figure out how to do this. I don't know the details but apparently it is doable.

2. Create a Google account. It's free and this will make the whole thing easy.

3. View the web page on Rising Sun. You will be able to view it with no action required.

Last edited:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
OK, here's the calendar embedded into a page here on Rising Sun.

Please tell me how this is working on your devices.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I have. It blends in with my calendar through my gmail account. I haven't added any events.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m using it

Seems to be working for me.

Attachments

• 23D5786D-7039-43D7-8CEA-83616A59F99A.jpg
    23D5786D-7039-43D7-8CEA-83616A59F99A.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 263

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Reminder: If you have a gmail address, adding the Rising Sun event calendar to your Google calendar feed is really easy.

Click here to add the calendar.

It will look like this:
RS calendar.png

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
You actually can add the calendar to any phone calendar if you want. It’s not that hard. If you want instructions let me know.
Can you write this up? I'm sure it would be helpful to people using phone calendars not made by Google.