New forum?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I dunno. I don't think this subject merits its own section -- it's not discussed that often. What does everyone else think?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
The hits I got on the one thread where I posted some questions were impressive... FWIW.

It could be broadened to, say, support vehicles and equipment. That would cover tow vehicles, trailers, etc. etc. etc.

wesintl

RS Moderator
General tech is "Technical Questions for Toyota Vehicles and anything else"
I'm sure there are lots of other places to get ford info and diesel info.

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Why not try it for a while.... if traffic is lame just merge it back to general tech? For that matter, rename the current Tech to "Toyota tech.". Then it would be obvious.

I wanna see Bill's new ride get those pipes up through the bed. :hill:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Ewww, I saw a Dodge posted like that when I was looking. Low miles, decent price... then those pipes. Close browser and walk away...

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
I wanna see Bill's new ride get those pipes up through the bed. :hill:

LOL! There's a copy of photoshop around here somewhere...

I'd be all for it, I'm kind of a web stalker around here I don't know diddly about cruisers, but have learned a little about 'strokes, and don't mind sharing. There is a club for Colorado oil heads (http://www.coloradodieseltruckclub.com), but that site doesn't get the traffic this one does.

Mark

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I vote do it, make Smoked Chile the moderator, and if it doesn't pan out we can move the threads over.

One of the coolest parts of our forum here is how well you get (and give) real advice, based on real experience, from local guys who generally know what they're talking about. That statement right there just whacked out a lot of the stuff we encounter elsewhere. Yet there is a shared vested interest in the best possible solution with regards to efficient outcome, performance, and safety here. Those involved share the highways with you, share the trail with you, and more than likely will look you in the eye some day- a much different demographic than a national audience. the tech advise we give, the jokes we tell, and the stuff we sell, is all conducted at a more mature level here. I have come to count on the support I receive at the Rising Sun forum.

But the other benefit a sub forum gives is the liberation to post up more questions or ideas, than one may would have felt comfortable with had there been only a general forum. the idea that "if someone doesn't care they don't even need to look over here" brings with it a certain relief on what may have otherwise been second guessed or not brought up, out of regard for what the larger audience may have tolerated, or mere embarrassment. that's true be it diesel tech, or photography, or motorcycles, or land use. Speaking for myself, it has been really cool to learn more about motorcycles from my friends here who also share a Toyota interest.

Personally, I don't own a diesel, nor do I have any plans of buying one in the foreseeable future.
But of all the vehicle types on the road I probably know the least about diesel trucks. And I'm not about to run off and join a diesel forum, so I'd welcome the chance to eavesdrop in on some of the new undertakings of the diesel variety from people I know. who knows, I might learn something. I want to hear what the folks here know and have to say about tow vehicles.

how about "Trailer Kings" for a forum title- with the presumption that you're towing your trailer Queen. :beer: