• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

New Forum: post bugs here

wesintl

RS Moderator
I set unregistered users to see attachments. I can't remember how that was set in the old forum but pic/attachments are different now too so maybe it doesn't matter. The thumbnails annoy me too. I'm guessing the old ipod browser is an issue on the paging.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
Mark, what kind of phone do you have?

Hi Matt. A Galaxy S7. This isn't a big deal to me, and the new site does render fine through Chrome on my phone. I just know how I operate, and I tend to go to one place for this sort of thing. When IB bought my all time favorite forum (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) a few years ago, and bagged Tapatalk, my forum attendance there dropped dramatically.

BTW, I may be the last known user of Microsoft Edge, but the new forum looks fine on it.

Mark

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey Matt, I am still having difficulties uploading photos to the new forum from my phone. Computer is fine no issues. I have shrunk the images all the way to 1mb and they still wont upload. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8.

wesintl

RS Moderator
What's the error, what browser?

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Google chrome and I get a line through the file name after I try to attach a file. But I can attach screen shots though. Go figure.
Screenshot_20181226-110833_Chrome.jpg

wesintl

RS Moderator
Attachments are set at 5MB. Only thing i can see would be that it's over 5 and the screenshot is less than 5. I tested with a 10MB pic and it crosses it out. Below it it does say why tho. Maybe the version of chrome or droid version

Attachments

• 5946DEF9-088D-4968-8002-C0235DD1A833.png
    5946DEF9-088D-4968-8002-C0235DD1A833.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I have the same issue with pictures being to big to upload from my phone using chrome. iPhone BTW.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Hi Matt. A Galaxy S7. This isn't a big deal to me, and the new site does render fine through Chrome on my phone. I just know how I operate, and I tend to go to one place for this sort of thing. When IB bought my all time favorite forum (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) a few years ago, and bagged Tapatalk, my forum attendance there dropped dramatically.

BTW, I may be the last known user of Microsoft Edge, but the new forum looks fine on it.

Mark

Mark, if it's just a habit thing try dropping a shortcut to the forum on your s7 home screen then you can open it in chrome with 1 touch. I find the forum so much more functional and easy to use on mobile since the upgrade.

Team, I don't see the officers section and I don't know if anybody else can either. Can we check that all current ocifers are in?

Thanks all,

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Team, I don't see the officers section and I don't know if anybody else can either. Can we check that all current officers are in?

I now know how we are going to fix this -- just haven't done so yet.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Is anyone successfully using sharing from iCoud Photos to XenForo? I can easily do this with Google Photos but get a XenForo error message when I enter the iCloud Photos image link. Any input would be appreciated.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
I got kind of a weird error message tonight when I clicked the mark forums read button:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I'm not allowed to upload an XLS as an attachment. I update the HAM call sign list and can't upload it.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
A couple things:
-On mobile (iPhone Safari) can there be a New Posts link from the top of threads and top of sub forums? Like MUD.
-when I click on previously viewed threads it doesn’t always take me to the first unread post. Some threads it does some it doesn’t.
-our static pages look really dated now.

Last edited:

wesintl

RS Moderator
The lightening bolt will give you the nav. I'm not sure how woody has that configured on mud. I'd have to look into it

Thing is we want to try and run as out of the box as we can. It makes upgrading and maintenance so much easier. Matt upgraded the vbulletin the last time and saw what it took. As soon as you add on from outside of xenforo's add on it's up to you to maintain it. A big site like mud and woody full time maintaining i'm sure it's fine. For us with regular jobs and webmaster rotations the simpler the better.

Last edited:

Lars

RS Moderator
Staff member
I'm not allowed to upload an XLS as an attachment. I update the HAM call sign list and can't upload it.
you can now upload an xls file, but not an xlsx file. very easy conversion

Attachments

• Book1.xls
    17 KB · Views: 203

wesintl

RS Moderator
I don't remember all the attachment file extensions we had on the old forum but they are easy to add. xlsx is added too.

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
I'm not seeing people's signatures. The option to see them is selected in my preferences.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Is editing (or deleting) posts not possible? Or is it perhaps a time limited option? I periodically notice spelling or grammar errors in my posts that irritate me and see that the edit option isn't available.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Did our FTP hosting go away?