Need some shocks for the trailer... suggestions?

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Howdy everyone-

Anyone know of a place with a good selection of shocks that I could get the size I need for my little trailer. Hoping to keep the bouncing to a minimum.

I like the RS 9000's that are adjustable, but no way is the trailer getting nicer units than the 40 :D :hill:

Any local joints with a selection? Pretty clueless here. Or better yet, anyone on have some old ones laying around, Bilsteins, OME, :D seriously even cheapies...:eek::D

Also, how do I measure for the size I need? I am assuming if I know the distance between the mounting holes on the trailer, I can figure that out right?

Thanks! :thumb:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I think Adventure Trailers uses Rancho 9000s primarily because of the adjustability. The unladen verses fully loaded difference in weight is bigger on a trailer and so the ability to adjust the shocks seems pretty useful. If I was building an OHV-towed trailer that's the way I'd probably be leaning.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Your axle is not going to move nearly as much as your cruiser's, so you don't need travel. Cheapies are quite adequate. You just want to control the springs.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+