Need HG service on FZJ80. Shop recommendation?

80 Life

Wincher
L1 Automotive in Loveland. They will be finished putting a brand new short block in my 80 Series on Thursday and were half the quoted price of Japanese Auto Service. When I dropped off my 80 there were two 40's there, one 60 and 1 more 80 as well in the parking lot/garage.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Guessing slee said no?
They did my 1997 preemptively a few years ago cause I read too much internet lore…that was the final step I didn’t want to do after new koyo rad water pump major front engine oil leaks yadayada I did at home..

We did John Ks snow run 1994 head gasket after he bought that truck at the RS rally for A SONG cause of the blown HG and it kinda sucked wasn’t the worst thing ever, but not fun..maybe that was 10 or 13 or maybe 8 years ago but is a nice locked 94 with that one problem…

anyways at my age was happy to have slee do mine…guessing Christo doesn’t do that anymore

That was when Joe was there still at slee
He is at JAS and they definitely monetize his presence for sure…

Like really monetize Joes presence

Last edited:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Hi Tech Auto in Lakewood?

:beer: :beer:

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
Not sure they would do it but is ATLR still around?

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Last I checked they wouldn't work on anything older than 100 Series.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Classic Cruisers?

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Its a possibility... ( thanks for the shout out 🤘)

@pskhaat do you want to have your friend call me? I'm capable of doing it, but I need to get some more details. Blown HG's have the potential of creating a Pandora's box and he and I will need to be in total alignment before going into it.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
SLEE is moving out of the maintenance/repair/diagnostic aspect of vehicles and are primarily sticking to lifts, outfitting and projects pertaining to re-gearing or items of that magnitude.

pskhaat

Lifted
Its a possibility... ( thanks for the shout out 🤘)

@pskhaat do you want to have your friend call me? I'm capable of doing it, but I need to get some more details. Blown HG's have the potential of creating a Pandora's box and he and I will need to be in total alignment before going into it.
Will have him reach out!

Shylock

Rock Stacker
I had my head gasket done at L1 Automotive in Loveland Co. Greg did an excellent job. He also replaced all the vacuum lines. Price was way below what JAS quoted me. JAS wanted me to leave the vehicle with them for a month. Greg at L1 got it done in a week. It was worth the drive up from Colorado Springs for me.