• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Need about 6 more volunteer trail leaders

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
trail leader needs still unfulfilled as of 4-40-2012

Please contact me if you want to lead any of the following 6 trails.
Thank you,

Stephen

Thursday:
chicken corners

Friday:
gold bar rim
wipeout hill

Saturday:
cliff hanger
fins and things
moab rim

ttubb

Moab Rim - Sat

This is from my friend, Jim Deer. He is willing to lead as indicated if you still need someone. He is a very experienced driver. His email address is shown below. Terry

I noticed on the club's Cruise Moab page that they still don't have a trail leader for Moab Rim on Saturday. I kind of hate to be responsible for a bunch of people I don't know but I've done it plenty of other times so if they absolutely, positively need someone to do it I suppose I could be talked into it. I've led a number of folks on it, more than a few who had little experience and were in mostly stock FJ's: and for Cruise Moab I wouldn't expect any rank amateurs to be signed up for a run like this since it's ranked as one of the most difficult runs on the schedule. Since you're in the club you could check to see if they really do need someone, and if that's the case you can tell them I'll do it if they can't find anybody else; or if one of the club members is willing to lead it but hasn't done it before I can show him what to expect on the difficult parts. My buddy Sean Sykora is riding shotgun with a friend of his on the run and he's a terrific spotter, so I could show him the right lines on the difficult obstacles and he could spot everybody that needs a little help.

Jim Deer
jkdeer@tx.rr.com
Dallas, TX

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
This is from my friend, Jim Deer. He is willing to lead as indicated if you still need someone. He is a very experienced driver. His email address is shown below. Terry

I noticed on the club's Cruise Moab page that they still don't have a trail leader for Moab Rim on Saturday. I kind of hate to be responsible for a bunch of people I don't know but I've done it plenty of other times so if they absolutely, positively need someone to do it I suppose I could be talked into it. I've led a number of folks on it, more than a few who had little experience and were in mostly stock FJ's: and for Cruise Moab I wouldn't expect any rank amateurs to be signed up for a run like this since it's ranked as one of the most difficult runs on the schedule. Since you're in the club you could check to see if they really do need someone, and if that's the case you can tell them I'll do it if they can't find anybody else; or if one of the club members is willing to lead it but hasn't done it before I can show him what to expect on the difficult parts. My buddy Sean Sykora is riding shotgun with a friend of his on the run and he's a terrific spotter, so I could show him the right lines on the difficult obstacles and he could spot everybody that needs a little help.

Jim Deer
jkdeer@tx.rr.com
Dallas, TX

Sign him up I say:thumb: What ye say Stephen Rudy!
Thanks Terry!

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I agree sign him up. When I led it last year everyone was built real well on 35's and bigger and we were back in town around 1pm.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Guys. I got Moab rim covered for now.

Here is where I'm at?

I only need a few more trail leaders now.

Wipe Out Hill Friday.
Kane Creek Saturday.
Cliff Hanger Saturday.

Jim: Can you help me with one of these instead of your currently assigned trails?

Talked to Jim And he is willing to flip to cliff hanger on Saturday. This fills in a hole for us! Thanks Jim and Terry!