Muddy Moab :: For those pre-running this weekend.

pskhaat

Lifted
Hi folks, at the risk of being total Captain Obvious, just wanted to let everyone know that Moab right now (...rather last Friday through Monday) was quite muddy. I was there last weekend.

Though obviously Hells &c with slickrock are very doable, even the roads over to 3D and Gemini were sketch. We opted out of EH too because apparently the backside (north facing) of the hill were reported as winchable. Of course some warmer temps, a good wind, and a bit of sun can make a big change in a few days, alas a couple of folks have told me the rain is continuing today. I'm never one to shy away from road conditions, but there were some hate mud moments. Only just conveying as an FYI :)

IMG_4470 Copy.JPG

A few folks with whom I tour were stuck all night out at Alstrom (though that's quite the distance away).

335531982_228720122949465_3170893804690644963_n.jpg

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
And to add to the Tread Lightly PSA, it's been raining on-and-off all day today in GJ to the point of puddles.

We are definitely still in mud season and it's been a wet late winter, early spring so far.

If you want to try to gauge Poison Spider bike shop keeps a daily trail conditions page so riders can try to plan around mud.

Last edited: