• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

MTB actual tire weight thread

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Maxxis
Rekon 29x2.6 120TPI 3C Maxx Terra EXO
Rekon 29x2.4 120TPI 3C Maxx Rerra EXO+

6017FFEB-D133-4740-9B3F-455A8269ADFA.jpeg

52788E6B-1445-475E-85F6-18925BB29E1C.jpeg

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'd be happy to provide real tire weights for anyone who wants to send me tires to test.

And a scale.

I'd even put them on the bike and provide real world feedback to their desert performance. You know, cause I'm a giver like that.

They would have to be 2.3 or narrower. My frame stays are kinda snug, on account of it being a first generation REEBdikyelous.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
OK, to entertain Dave I'll do a short review of the Assegai/Dissector combo after my trip to AngelFire. They replaced a Minion DHF/Aggressor combo.

Conditions at AngelFire were wet to hero. I've only really ridden the old tires on dry over hard to hero. The Assegai cornered better. I've felt the Minion always had too much void when transitioning from the center to the shoulder knobs. The Assegai is also a EXO+ sidewall so that could add to the extra cornering confidence. Hard to compare the Dissector verse Aggressor. Different class of tires plus the Aggressor was beat when I pulled it off. Everything was better about the Dissector except rolling resistance and weight.