• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

MSV and Coney Flats 7/11

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Twas a fine day away from crowds and heat. Ray, Ry and his son, and Chris and his son were airing down when my dad and i rolled in to camp dick at 8:20. The camp was full and parking was non existent. The guys had secured some prime real-estate next to the pit toilets. Jimmy rolled in shortly after and we aired down. I could not get my handheld hamm to transmit and was having issues with another handheld hamm. Two way radios were passed out (GMR?) and we had a brief meeting with introductions. We were rolling over the gate keeper shortly after 9am. The gate keeper was representative of the more difficult spots along the road and posed a bit of a challenge.
The GMRs performed quite well after having to jump channels due to traffic.
I lead 95% of the way followed by Ry, Chris and Parker, Jimmy with Ray gunning the back. It was pretty smooth sailing with only a few spots needing spotters. Ray is a great spotter, I definitely lack being able to communicate the line that I see!
Traffic was much lighter than I imagined. Most traffic was running the same direction with the exception of a few SxSs and a truck here and there. I think any more than 5 trucks would have made passing a PIA. We let a group of 2 jeeps pass early on and another jeep later down the trail.
MSV had a moderate trickle of water flowing down it while Coney Flats was relatibly dry. We stopped for lunch aroind 11 at the water crossing on Coney and chatted at a safe distance.
I feel like we were airing back up around 12:30 but I never checked the time. My dad and I were kicking the idea of running T-33 to round out the day but decided against it due to airing down and back up as well the potential for heavy traffic. Another time!
All and all it was a great day with an amazing group of people and with no major damage!
I got zero photos or videos.
I posted the trail hours for everyone.

Last edited:

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Great day on the trail! Didn't get as many photos this go around. We did come across a nice size bear on the side of the road. Thanks for putting this altogether Adam.

20200711_091957.jpg
20200711_092001.jpg
20200711_094132.jpg

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Awesome run today, fellas! Despite my awful line choice on the first obstacle on Coney... ;) Many thanks to those who stacked rocks to get my ass unstuck!

I’m in the process of going through the video and phots from the day and will upload ASAP.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Some of my photos from the day!

@RayRay27 crushing "the obstacle" on Coney:
eLV7aKR.jpg

Best Bedliner Award:
SHsRsNT.jpg

@J1000, representing the 100-series crew (and making up for my earlier mistakes on this obstacle):
lGnpwuW.jpg

Parking at the water crossing for lunch:

ZWttp3O.jpg

@J1000
bO4Tw6P.jpg

More lunch crew pics:
oZfU9wr.jpg

@On the RX and Chris discussing line choices:
jKHMGxU.jpg

Yogi:
It98tjL.jpg

Letting my co-pilot take the wheel: