• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

MPL RC

Firetacoma

Also, I just found this which might be the route to go:

Edit: I placed an order. $7 for 2. Assuming I don't mess one up, I'm happy to sell the other for a few bucks or a beer.

Last edited:

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
Edit: I placed an order. $7 for 2. Assuming I don't mess one up, I'm happy to sell the other for a few bucks or a beer.
I'll definitely purchase that other one from you, if you don't mess up the first one, haha!

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
@Firetacoma where did you find that red paint? Is it color matched to the Freeborn Red?

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I can 3d model and print some grill stuff for anyone who wants it. I mean I can't right now but when I get back in town. If you find something you like on thingiverse.com post it here otherwise I could probably model something.

I made my wife come film me driving my truck haha! She likes it because it's "cute."

Firetacoma

I'll definitely purchase that other one from you, if you don't mess up the first one, haha!
No pressure! I'll let you know. They should be here in about a week.
@Firetacoma where did you find that red paint? Is it color matched to the Freeborn Red?
The red is Krylon Fusion Gloss Red Pepper. It seems to be a good match for Freeborn Red. At least good enough for an RC truck.
I would suggest priming everything white or gray first. I didn't and the black parts are slightly less bright than the yellow parts.

Firetacoma

Sorry for picture overload!
780C1967-7B03-458B-B347-9733384C3B00.jpeg
4681D47C-C125-42F8-B888-05C91767827A.jpeg

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I got mine today! adorable little thing...
rc_40.jpg

So I guess now I'm on the hunt for some 653 Olive Krylon Fusion? I also need to order one of those grill emblems... @J1000 I will send you a .stl file for a roof rack if you're willing to print a couple. @Firetacoma do you want a Gamiviti rack? Dan? Will be a full Expo, like this:

FJ40_fullexpo_installed.jpg

I just need to model in the Expo bar, then some type of attachment system... here's the flat rack in CAD:

40rack_cad.jpg

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

Firetacoma

Much better with the new grill emblem. @DanTheMan PM me your address and I'll mail you the other one.

If someone has the RTR version, I'd love to see how they mount the electronics. I am struggling to find an elegant solution. Also my sound quit working. Not the end of the world but sure didn't last long!

IMG_1566.jpeg

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
If someone has the RTR version, I'd love to see how they mount the electronics.
I have the RTR version and It looks like @nakman also has the RTR version, I can take some photos tonight for you of the electronics.

llewdis

Rock Stacker
I got mine today! adorable little thing...
View attachment 92744

So I guess now I'm on the hunt for some 653 Olive Krylon Fusion? I also need to order one of those grill emblems... @J1000 I will send you a .stl file for a roof rack if you're willing to print a couple. @Firetacoma do you want a Gamiviti rack? Dan? Will be a full Expo, like this:

FJ40_fullexpo_installed.jpg

I just need to model in the Expo bar, then some type of attachment system... here's the flat rack in CAD:

View attachment 92745
Haha just came across this. That is my rig and rack. :).