• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

MPL RC

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Not sure if this belongs here, but these guys have some cool stuff.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Well, when is the 80 going to be released??

I got this email today. he kind of left the door open to share, so.

Hi All,

Edward from WPL RC.

You are receiving this email because you have Founder status in the Official Store account. This allows you early access to new product and special privilege. FYI, you are the special 5% out of everyone who signed up.

Year 2020 has been a roller coaster ride for WPL RC & Official Store as well as everyone who is affected. As some of you may know of our temporary closure during mid May to August.

However we are very touched of the strong continous support from you guys, this month we are growing strong!

Therefore I would like to announce that all of you will have early access to the purchase of the new and yet to be globally launched C54 based off the LC80.

Please click the link below, you are required to login for the access. You may or may not tell others about your special privilege. We are expecting to officially launch on the 3rd Dec.
https://www.wpl-rc.com/collections/c54-founders-access

Again, thank you everyone for the continued support until today!

We will continue to serve you better & grow together!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Therefore I would like to announce that all of you will have early access to the purchase of the new and yet to be globally launched C54 based off the LC80.

Please click the link below, you are required to login for the access. You may or may not tell others about your special privilege. We are expecting to officially launch on the 3rd Dec.
https://www.wpl-rc.com/collections/c54-founders-access

Again, thank you everyone for the continued support until today!

We will continue to serve you better & grow together!
Are there photos?

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Are there photos?
1606508511222.png

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Man this thing is so cool thanks the recommendation. I got the C14 and the 80 body, that seemed the cheapest way in.

Definitely get the metal kit version. The axles and two speed are totally worth it. Going to paint the 80 body so running the pickup for now.

PXL_20201227_213841420.jpg

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
I just ordered a metal fj40 kit in yellow.

Anyone know what I should expect for shipping time?
I got the yellow "ready to run" FJ40, it took about 2 weeks to arrive, pre-covid.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
sweet! I ordered a yellow 40 also... I'm going to 3D print a roof rack for it, maybe try to paint it Olive if I get into it.

@Hulk I just saw these today, $45 shipped https://www.locay.store/products/rc-car will let you know what I think about it once it arrives! :)

0361f85e660356438d91f5a6f984dcec_1080x.jpg

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Those old Willys MB and Ford GPW Jeeps are pretty cool. It's been interesting getting to know some of the guys. Some of them are into it because of the wheeling, but there are some who are more like antique collectors.

Firetacoma

My kit arrived yesterday. It looks a bit overwhelming at first but watching some Youtube videos makes me think I can pull it off.

I am also considering painting it prior to assembly. We'll see if my impatience to running it gets the best of me though.

Firetacoma

Finished! I ended up getting the wrong directions. Thankfully, this series of Youtube videos covers the build from start to finish and saved my bacon: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkwPsMWBppzrmo53DkhJ-Gy5EU3oa2X-U

I did end up painting it because I like red better than yellow and I wanted to detail some parts.

Stock the dash is solid black. Mine's not perfect but better.
IMG_1524.JPEG

Stock interior is all solid black. I painted floor pan red and seats all gray.
IMG_1526.JPEG

I think the interior came together nicely!
IMG_1527.JPEG

I gave the hood hardware some detail.
IMG_1525.JPEG

I painted the antenna silver and the wheels and front bumper gray. I would love a 3D printed TOYOTA for the grill if anyone has the skills!
IMG_1534.JPEG

Detailed out the door panels a bit. Also painted the steps as they come on a part that is black.
IMG_1536.JPEG

Painted the bumperettes gray and made rear turn signals out of lego blocks.
IMG_1539.JPEG

All finished and driving!
IMG_1541.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_1542.JPEG
    IMG_1542.JPEG
    614.9 KB · Views: 126

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
Finished! I ended up getting the wrong directions. Thankfully, this series of Youtube videos covers the build from start to finish and saved my bacon: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkwPsMWBppzrmo53DkhJ-Gy5EU3oa2X-U

I did end up painting it because I like red better than yellow and I wanted to detail some parts.

Stock the dash is solid black. Mine's not perfect but better.

Stock interior is all solid black. I painted floor pan red and seats all gray.

I painted the antenna silver and the wheels and front bumper gray. I would love a 3D printed TOYOTA for the grill if anyone has the skills!

Painted the bumperettes gray and made rear turn signals out of lego blocks.
Looks awesome! I love the color! Using the Lego pieces for the tail lights is a cool idea. I'd also like to find a 3D printed TOYOTA emblem for mine as well.

Firetacoma

Looks awesome! I love the color! Using the Lego pieces for the tail lights is a cool idea. I'd also like to find a 3D printed TOYOTA emblem for mine as well.
Thanks! My 1:1 is also red over yellow so as the red chips away it will look more and more like my real rig.

Yes, willing to pay time and materials if anyone can make some grill emblems!

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yes, willing to pay time and materials if anyone can make some grill emblems!

You should check with @Rzeppa here on the forum. 3D printing is his business.

Nice 40 man!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
that is a cool idea... I am sure we could figure these out.

hoping to have mine here at some point. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I ordered, how long did yours take to arrive?

Firetacoma

Mine was about 2 weeks, maybe a bit longer. It seems like it sat in customs for quite a while. Tracking data was surprisingly accurate.