Moose Run 2015

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Plans are well under way for the 5th annual Moose Run Rally.

The rally will be held again this year at the Jackson County Fairgrounds in Walden, Colorado.

The dates are set for Friday, July 31 to Sunday, August 2, 2015.

Check our website (www.frontrangeriders.com)regularly for updated rally information and the opening date of registration.

If this doesn't conflict with HIH again, I'd really like to do it. :moto:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
In 2012 we put together a pretty decent posse for this- we ended up meeting a few other guys as well, whom we've run into on trails since then, even camping. The dirt bike crowd (mostly KTM & WR's) quickly found each other and made friends. Every 3rd dirt bike guy will know who Farnham is.

The guys running the event were psyched to have us, and they literally schooled us on the trails- on the last day they were running the crazy stuff in the opposite direction, which was just insane. The difficult A loops were the most intense riding I have ever done- I've never been so tired from burning gas, yet so stoked to do it again.

60wag

Rising Sun Member
here are the details from the 2014 run:
http://frontrangeriders.com/moose-run-rally/

It's a fun event that offers trails for different riding styles. The single track isn't too tough but is suited for smaller bikes. The B and C loops are designed for bigger bikes. The distance from the Rand OHV area to the Walden fairgrounds is maybe 20-30 miles, most of that is gravel but some is paved. Once your in the OHV area, it is mostly single track, two track and forest roads.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I think the A loop (most difficult) on Saturday was like 120 miles, and it was probably 15-20 miles to get to the OHV trails (each way) from base camp. So mileage was like 1/3 of total, but time-wise it's much less time on roads. The single track and two track is pretty extensive up there once you get in it. You definitely want to be plated though, and you had to pass a muffler test (USFS noise control).

The trails are some of the best I've been on around here. Really fun riding!