• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Montrose trip

Went to Montrose in my cruiser last weekend. I had a great time but I had to cut the wheeling part of the trip a little short because my clutch decided to slip on me when going over rocks and ledges. I should have done the clutch before I left :(
The cruiser did well over the passes and I made it home. 550 miles round trip!!!
If you have never been to Montrose and the sorrounding area then you are missing out.
Its worth the journey.

The slide show is from Scratch N Dent. It lived up to its name.
Damage report:
1 tore up side wall ( BFG Mud )
1 ripped off fender flare ( Blazer )
1 smokin/slipping clutch
2 missing anchor shackles
1 bent up rocker.

The other vehicle was my buddy's built up blazer with a doubler and huge swampers. He walked over everything. Except the last obsticle where his wide gerth caused some issues.
I will post some more pics of damage when I get around to it. For now enjoy.

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j3/mhdsummers/?action=view&slideshow=true

wesintl

RS Moderator
Cool, It looks like a fun trail.

Thanks for the report.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Great pics. I'm going to have to check out this trail the next time I visit my inlaws in Cedaredge (near Delta). Did you talk to Jermiah before you went out there?

Your buddy has some enormous tires!