• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Monarch at the Crest - grand re-opening June 10th

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Not sure if anyone else ever mumbled the words "I wonder if they'll ever re-open that thing" as you crested Monarch Pass... if so the answer is yes, and it's on June 10th, from 10:00-4:00pm. In fact there will be a DJ and discounted rides, also food and drink festivities. If nothing else, it might be worth planning a little extra time next time you need to get over Monarch Pass.

edit: It was purchased by Monarch Ski Area, looks like they have plans to open it up during the winter also. I bet they do a shuttle or something, as that's been their overflow parking lot also... could be pretty awesome. I've ridden more days at Monarch than any other area last 5 years or so.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
This sounds awesome! Summertime activities include mountain biking, ohv and dirt bike trails, and camping!

wesintl

RS Moderator
I saw that too! I'm tentatively planning to bike the crest or Agate this summer if anyone is interested. It's usually late summer though. We shuttle. Fooses is fun too but i'm usually too worn out for 2 days worth.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I’d ride one of the monarch crest rides and canyon creek also. Later summer better for me also