• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Moab Bound? I70 Westbound Closure between Eagle and Wolcott (as of Tuesday 3:45 PM)

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Moab Bound? I70 Closure between Eagle and Wolcott (as of 3:45 PM Tuesday)

UPDATE: Westbound Interstate 70 is still closed at Wolcott, or mile marker 157, for a sinkhole repair. The closure began around 11 a.m.

The sinkhole is on the shoulder on the westbound side of the interstate near mile marker 147, or Eagle. The hole was spotted around 5 a.m. Tuesday morning, according to Elise Thatcher, spokesperson for the Colorado Department of Transportation. Initially, just the outside lane was closed, but crews watched the sinkhole grow, prompting the full closure.
Crews confined the sinkhole by digging around it to solid ground, bringing the full size of the hole to 20 feet by 13 feet by 8 feet deep. No water was found in the soil and hole was dry, according to Thatcher.
The CDOT maintenance team is backfilling the hole with soil as of 2 p.m.
Traffic has been rerouted to U.S. Highway 6 and eastbound traffic has been unaffected.

1713304210716.jpeg

1713304252008.jpeg

1713304268966.jpeg

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Im sitting on 70 now, crawling along

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
20 minute deal...

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for the update @AimCOTaco. I was just looking at the COtrip planner app and it’s showing only the right lane closed.

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Had to drive up to Eagle for a meeting today and saw a lot of Toyotas headed west. Occurred to me that must be folks headed to Cruise Moab. Hope everyone has a good time and comes home safe. After making my first CM last year, am headed to a week of flyfishing in Cuba next week and couldn’t pull both trips so close to each other.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Had to drive up to Eagle for a meeting today and saw a lot of Toyotas headed west. Occurred to me that must be folks headed to Cruise Moab. Hope everyone has a good time and comes home safe. After making my first CM last year, am headed to a week of flyfishing in Cuba next week and couldn’t pull both trips so close to each other.
Whatcha fishing for out there?

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Never been to Cuba, but am going to the Isla de la Juventud area which has great fishing for tarpon, snook, bonefish and permit. Plus I am turkey hunting this weekend, so no CM this year.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Never been to Cuba, but am going to the Isla de la Juventud area which has great fishing for tarpon, snook, bonefish and permit. Plus I am turkey hunting this weekend, so no CM this year.
Nice, I would love to go for permit on a fly one day. So crazy expensive to do most saltwater guided trips though.