• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Mini Truck Help

Heckraiser

I did chevy 63" with a double shackle, so the only fab necessary was welding in the front spring hangers, I used the stock rear shackle hangers as the mounting point for my 1st shackle (which rests against the frame) and then the second shackle mounts to the other end of that. I know this is considered a somewhat ghetto approach, but I never had any trouble with the springs "unloading" off road and the extra droop made for some epic poser shots:hill: The ride was super nice with bilstein 5100's.

:edit: actually thinking back, I think I welded on lower shock tabs too, but only because I did a u-bolt flip. But either way, only a few minutes of welding time required.

Last edited: