Metberry Gulch in April w/CLC

isotel

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Sweet, thanks Trevor! That was a fun/pretty/scenic trail!

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the invite Trevor, it has been a while since I have been in that area wheeling. some pretty views in the area.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Trevor,

I'm not familiar with the area, where is this?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
North of Divide, past Hackett Gulch. West of Colorado Springs

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
I used to lead these trails before the Hayman fire. it was my favorite close place to wheel

These are just south of cheeseman resevior, but you actually get to the trails via "Westcreek" between Deckers and Woodland park.

Metberry Gultch is the one with the Cabin at the end of the trail next to the River (very good fishing and a great place for a hike). it used to have an interesting hill right at the bottom for a stock vehicle called Chicken scratch hill... the rest was just a fun drive in the woods. We actually saw a pretty beat Volvo station wagon back in there one year :eek::eek:

The Gultches in order from Westcreek are Northrup, Metberry, Longwater,and Hackett.....

We used to love going down Hackett, Crossing the river to the west side, and then crossing the river back east a little further down to come back up Longwater glutch.

If we don't go with the guys from the springs, we could still make a run. I would love to get back in there to see what it looks like now

subzali

Hard Core 4+
When we went there last fall we passed Hackett and what I assumed to be Longwater before we got to Metberry. The cabin is gone at the bottom of the hill, but the hill is pretty interesting with the intimidating rock slab about halfway up.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
If my cruiser is ready this would be a perfect shakedown trip. We'll see. :eek:

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
When we went there last fall we passed Hackett and what I assumed to be Longwater before we got to Metberry. The cabin is gone at the bottom of the hill, but the hill is pretty interesting with the intimidating rock slab about halfway up.

Sounds like you guys came in from the south side. It is probably quicker to get there from the other north side for those of us that come from Denver or even further north..

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Trevor, is the standard meeting place the Western Gas Station on the east side of Woodland Park at 9? That's I think the time and place where we met...