Medano/GSDNM June 1-3

Thinking this would be a perfect time, what with water in front of the dunes, creek crossings at an average level (apparently about 18", tho the ranger station said 2'-3'), and the gate open.

If we go, we're planning on camping in the pass, playing in the dunes Saturday (ok, playing in the water in front of the dunes), driving out Sunday over the pass.

Anybody gonna be down that direction?

-Sean

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I was just there (see my post in Hulk's thread), and 18" is more accurate for water levels. I didn't see anything close to 3' of water. It's the perfect time of year to go - enjoy!

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
The crossings can get deep if someone earlier that day (or night) got stuck and dug them out by continual spinning of the tires. The deepest I have ever seen the water (on the level) was 18 to 20" If you air down and use common sense you won't have any problems!

This'll be the second time there, for us. Taking the :Princess:, we're gonna make sand castles an' stuff :D.

If anyone's there and sees a silver Tundra with a few mods here and there, feel free to drop over and say hi :thumb:. We might be hanging around with one of the guys from the ExPo, I think he's got a Taco.

-Sean