• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

May 2022 RS meeting

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Rising Sun meeting on Wed. May 4, 2022 will be held outdoors at the Rooney Road Sports Complex in the parking lot.

UPDATE:
Due to a forecast of rain and cold weather, we are returning to The Grange:
Location: Golden Gate Canyon Grange, 25201 Golden Gate Canyon Rd, Golden, CO 80403. (About 4 miles up the canyon from Slee Off-Road).
Who: All are invited. You don't need to be a club member to come and join the fun.
Time: 7:30 - 9:00 pm

What to bring to this special post-Cruise Moab meeting:

• Bring a thumb drive with your photos and videos from CM 2022. We're going to have a projector & screen.
  • Bring a folding camp chair, something to drink, a flashlight, an LED lantern, a warm jacket, etc.
What not to bring
  • Dogs (sorry, not allowed in the Grange meeting room)
  • Yourself, if you are sneezing or coughing. Don’t come if you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick.

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
You could also bring your phone, along with a USB cable. And you could bring some other type of interface with the normal sized HDMI input. We'll be plugging into some older TV's, without any dedicated laptop to run between. So bring whatever you think will plug straight into an old TV with HDMI, USB ports- which could also be your own laptop.

Shylock

Rock Stacker
Good evening, Is it possible to attend the meeting as a guest, I have been wanting to attend one of you guy's meeting. I will be bringing along my son and our 1997 Lexus LX450. We will be driving up from Colorado Springs. Thanks in advance...

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Good evening, Is it possible to attend the meeting as a guest, I have been wanting to attend one of you guy's meeting. I will be bringing along my son and our 1997 Lexus LX450. We will be driving up from Colorado Springs. Thanks in advance...
100%, our meetings are open to everyone. in fact, you can't even join the club without attending a meeting first. Come on up!

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
50% chance of rain at 7PM tomorrow :-(

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
40 degrees and rain - outside at night?
You boys are tough. Not sure this old man is quite tough enough.

You sure you don't want me to ask for the Grange for Wednesday night with the weather.
I'm down for that, but it's really short notice....

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks for the quick action here folks, appreciate the easy move back to the Grange for tomorrow night.
I'll also have a laptop and several adapters so bring what you can and we'll oooo and ahhhh together over your best shots from last week.

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Do people usually get there early to hang out still, or just right around 7:30? And do people still gather for food or drinks anywhere beforehand?
Thanks,
Abe

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Abe,
You bet they do, I'm usually running behind for any beforehands these days but try to get in my 30 minutes of tire kicking (at least) before the meetings. Hope to see you there.

-Andy