Mark Your Calenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
It is official the 2010 Rising Run Rally will be held at the Jeffco Stadium on 8/7/2010.

We will be charging $5 per vehicle and selling Raffle Tickets for a $1. We will be selling collective 2010 RS Rally T-Shirts at the gate - Adult and Kid sizes available: Pre-order your shirts in advance, please!

Raffle Prizes will be provided by:

Mean Green - $100 gift card
Stay the Trail - Hoodies
Go Toyota
AQUALU Industries, Inc. - a $300 gift certificate, T-shirt, decals and a key chain
AND MORE TO COME

We will have a Toy 4x4 Race for kids.
Kids will be provided cardboard boxes, markers, and crayons, to design their own Toyota. Later in the day we will have Tech Inspection, as this is a TLCA sanctioned event. (Make sure Kids have Head Protection, and good tread, E-brakes need to work and lets not forget the fire suppression systems, AKA water bottles).

8/8/2010

We will have 5 Trail Rides of varying difficulty. Stay posted to find times and meet up points.

Easy - Compass Education Trail Ride - Fun for the whole Family. Limited to 25 Rigs and need to have a Compass (suggested is the Suunto M-2 Compass). Meet up point will be D-Ville Burger King at 9:30 AM 8/8/2010. Trail will be headed up by Steve Rudy, Steve Brady, Kevin Schlegel

Easy - Bill Moore Lake - Meet up point will be D-Ville Burger King at 9:30 AM 8/8/2010. Trail Boss will be Jeff Zepp

Medium -Spring Creek - Trail Boss - TBA

Hard - Chinamans - Air Randy will be the Trail Boss for this run. Meet up point will be the Gun Smoke Travel Plaza at 9:30 AM 8/8/2010

Hard - Over-nighter in the Buena Vista area. We would leave from the event on Saturday afternoon and wheel in and camp overnight followed by a relaxed exit on Sunday. This trail is limited to 5 to 7 trucks. Trail Boss is Convert.

Please be sure to RSVP if you are wishing to take part in one of the limited occupancy trail rides.

Last edited by a moderator:

SRT08BUS

Hard Core 4+
If I can make it,I'll help out with what I can but don't want to say that I'll be there with the record I've had lately!

wesintl

RS Moderator
downieville.. right where the scales are on I70 past Idaho springs.

not entirely sure where to post this question but what ALL goes on at the rally? is it just kids games and some prizes then trail rides the next day?? is there a swap meet? is there food? Are there vendors?

Tried searching but did not see much info anywhere...

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
I can tell you that there will not be a bouncy castle there, but we will have a few clowns. :lmao:

Gate opens at 9ish. Bring your junk to sell, and a few dollars in your pocket to buy junk. Slee will be providing Food (thank you). We will have t-shirts to buy and raffle tickets for sale ($1 per ticket). Lots of very cool stuff is being raffled this year. $100 gift card to Mean Green, $300 gift card to Aqualu. GO Toyota is offering up tire packages, bilstein shocks, and more. Metal Tech is sending something don't know what yet. I have not been the soul person contacting Vendors so I am not sure what has all been donated for the raffle. We will have an ARB locker install demo. Cardboard box decorating contest with a race to follow for the kids. There will be some show and tell around HAM and all the questions you have should be answered. People seem to stroll around and look at Toyotas, and make new friends or see old friends.

Vendors will be there. Slee, GO Toyota, Rocky Mountain Cruisers, Tread Lightly, Stay the Trail, Redline, etc.

It should be a good day for all ages. We figured if Kids are happy, Significant Others are happy, and thus you get to stay longer.;)

Sunday will be Trail Rides and those have been posted under this thread as well as Trail Staging.

Look forward to seeing you out there. I think there maybe a lot of Toyota 4x4's coming out of the woodwork for this event.

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
Any updates on the rally or trails the day after?

The Rally itself is humming along nicely. Everything is coming together and will carry on as planned. We will have gift cards from Spector Off - Road to be raffled off as well.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:WE ARE RAFFLING OFF A SPOT FOR CRUISE MOAB
2011, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A TLCA MEMBER TO WIN, BUT YOU DO HAVE TO BE A TLCA MEMBER TO ATTEND.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Sunday's Trails is a little different story. Due to scheduling conflicts we will not be able to offer the Compass Education Trail Ride. This is a Trail Ride we will attempt to offer at some other point in time.

Easy - Bill Moore Lake - Meet up point will be D-Ville Burger King at 9:30 AM 8/8/2010. Trail Boss will be Jeff Zepp. Leaving for the trail at 10:00 AM

Medium -Spring Creek - Meet up point will be D-Ville Burger King at 9:00 AM 8/8/2010. Trail Boss will be Steve Brady. Leaving for the trail at 9:30 AM

Hard - Chinamans - Air Randy will be the Trail Boss for this run. Meet up point will be the Gun Smoke Travel Plaza at 9:30 AM 8/8/2010 Leaving for the trail at 9:45AM

Hard - Over-nighter in the Buena Vista area. We would leave from the event on Saturday afternoon and wheel in and camp overnight followed by a relaxed exit on Sunday. This trail is limited to 5 to 7 trucks. Trail Boss is Convert. RSVPed so far: Convert, Old 40 Dog

Please be sure to RSVP if you are wishing to take part in one of the limited occupancy trail rides. Please be sure to bring plenty of water and suntan lotion. Some trails may require bug spray.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
FYI- the notice on facebook says tomorrow August 1st

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
Do not go to the Jeffco Stadium on the 1st you will not have any fun. I don't know who did all of that to the Facebook account, but it is wrong. Go to the Jeffco Stadium on 8/7/10 at 9AM.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
We'll be doing Ham radio demos at 11:30 and 1:30.. see you Saturday, location is Kipling and 6th avenue here's a map!

Attachments

• rally_map.JPG
    rally_map.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 632

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
Ok I got a call from Jeffo, this morning. The Rally is moved to the SOUTH LOT Section 3, in the past we have been in the west lot. Please see attached. We all attempt to have signage out to help direct people, but I would suggest you just look for Cool Toyota 4x4's :thumb:

Attachments

• range.pdf
    396.1 KB · Views: 645

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member

ocr14a

Sorry they're mostly of the FJCs, but I uploaded some photos from yesterday (just taken with my BlackBerry. So, not very good quality)...
LINK

well I was there, but I guess you guys cut out earlier than I thought. I got caught up at the Larimer County Fair in Loveland with the family and ended up not showing up at Jeffco Stadium till 5:30. Gates, I seen a couple, were all locked and no one around. I really wanted to see the rigs too. What time did you guys all leave? Was it in the same spot as the google map image? I did drive as far as the school on the southside, and all the way around to the locked gate on the north. Oh well, I'll see most of you guys in about 9 months for Cruise Moab 2011.

PabloCruise

Hard Core 4+
well I was there, but I guess you guys cut out earlier than I thought. I got caught up at the Larimer County Fair in Loveland with the family and ended up not showing up at Jeffco Stadium till 5:30. Gates, I seen a couple, were all locked and no one around. I really wanted to see the rigs too. What time did you guys all leave? Was it in the same spot as the google map image? I did drive as far as the school on the southside, and all the way around to the locked gate on the north. Oh well, I'll see most of you guys in about 9 months for Cruise Moab 2011.

The Rally was advertised as running from 10-3, so I am guessing most folks cut out around 3.

that explains it, I just remembered it starting at 9 and thats it. Our club down here, Copper State Cruisers, is so informal that people would of been there till dark atleast. Hell, at our monthly meets we have stayed out till past 1 am just standing around talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.