Sold M416 "Overland" Trailer - price reduced to $6200

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
To keep the family happy we acquired a small travel trailer. While she says I can keep the trailer (since it is so cool), I just don't have room in the driveway for the M416 trailer.

I am leaning towards holding it through the winter and selling in the Spring/Early summer when demand comes back up. However, if someone wants to buy it for some fun fall trips I am willing to part with it now and sacrifice the potential $ it could pull in the spring. I debated even posting it here, because I am much more likely to sell at a friendly price.

Asking $6700

Alternatively rent it from me and see if it works for you (or if you want to do an overland trailer build). $50/night - if you then want to buy we'll apply that to purchase.

Some notes off the top of my head:

1967 M416 Trailer
  • 33" KO2s on 15" wheels - still have nubbies on the tires. If the tires weren't so nice and new I would have already bought adapters to go to a toyota lug pattern
  • Axle flipped - this plus 33" tires give ridiculous ground clearance
  • Canback cover adapted from a Tacoma w/ additional reinforcements (done by envision @Squishy!)
  • 4 Yakima Load bars
  • 3 person roof top tent (the most standard size - A little tight for 2 adults and 2 small kids, but no problem for 2 adults and 1 kid)
    • recent addition of anti condensation mats
    • Awning room and floor (really nice when basecamping)
  • Awning mounted on Gamiviti Multibracket
  • Lock n roll hitch (best off road hitch IMHO)
    • Can mount at 2 different heights
    • Can also be towed with a ball hitch
  • 4 2000 lb stabilizing jacks - this is actually really really nice to level on essentially any terrain and get off suspension, which is really nice when you are in the RTT
  • 5 lb propane tank (possibly not included in sale) and powertank mount
  • Red LED lights installed on trailer and tent. If you do a battery upgrade easy to wire these all in.
  • Tailgate cut and reinforced to make a nice table.
  • Recently installed new tongue box - storage right now, but was prepping to install a battery (I might have a DC RV battery to donate to this project soon)
  • Installed with room behind for scepter can mounts (not installed)
  • Tie downs
I am sure there are some more things I am not recalling right now.

Pictures:
IMG_2654.jpegIMG_3772.jpegIMG_4415.jpegIMG_4419.jpegIMG_2505.jpeg

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I wish the 4runner had enough rectum to pull that thing! Looks like a good start for Basecamp with ample room to customize.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I wish the 4runner had enough rectum to pull that thing! Looks like a good start for Basecamp with ample room to customize.
Your 4runner has more than enough to pull that thing. If you are interested I would do it.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I just thought I would bump this as I reduced the price to $6200 on craigslist and facebook. I am also throwing in an agm battery and battery box at full asking. I already got some interest at the reduced price on craigslist, but wouldn't want an interested club member to miss out if they wanted it.