• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Looking for mechanic to bring my Cruiser back to life!

Hello Rising Sun,

I'm finally at a place in my life where I can bring my FJ-60 back to life after it has waited patiently in my driveway for several years. I have no idea what needs to happen or what things need to be fixed, but I'm hoping that you all can point me in the right direction to find a mechanic who is looking for a project.

I imagine it will need a new engine and possibly a new transmission. Beyond that your guess is as good as mine. Fuel lines will need to be repaired... fluids changes throughout.

Please know that this is not going to be a simple project, but it is something that I want to make happen sooner rather than later. My new sense of urgency is due to the fact that my current vehicle (make and model will not be named as it is not a Cruiser) is starting to act up and I feel that the transmission is on the verge of going out any day now. Rather than dump money into it I want to invest in the vehicle that brings me true happiness.

As this is my first post of Rising Sun, I hope that members will be kind to the new guy and put me in touch with someone amazing that has an equal love for Cruisers and wants the challenge of giving one a second chance at life!

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have the right attitude. Robbie Antonson comes highly recommended from me.

Now where are the pictures man?!? :D

Many thanks!

Thanks for the recommendation! By any chance do you have a contact number that I can reach him at?

Regarding the pictures... I'll post some tomorrow (hopefully the snow will let up some) and you can see what I'm working with.

Cheers,

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
His contact info is in the first post of the other thread you posted in:

So some people know that I do good work and some do not in the club. Anyhow I have been working on Cruisers and trucks(Toyota products) for a number of years. Talk to me about the best location for working on your Cruiser. I can use your parts or supply parts.
I can also work on other vehicles(domestic and other makes). I was a diesel mechanic in the 80's. I did flat rate car work for a couple of years as well( a recession a ways back). I do prefer to work on Toyota's. But no challenge is too small.
Either PM me, or Call me 303-884-7813
All said and done I have been wrenching since 1980( 29 years and counting).
I also do Driver training if you need. I am certified I4WDTA trainer. If you feel the need to get more educated in this area.
Robbie

:hill: