Wanted Looking for a 3Fe Cold Start temp sensor / time switch for a friend

Looking to find and/or buy something? Add this prefix to your thread.

Coyote

Any of you 80 series 3fe mafia have one kicking around?
It threads into the thermostat housing on the 80 series 3Fe.

He's in the Denver area and if you have one I'm sure he'd be keen to get it from ya!
Apparently Yota Jim is fresh out of them....

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Crash

Rising Sun Member
You sure you are looking for the cold start injector? On the 3FE in a 62 the injector is on the intake manifold not at the thermostat. Sounds like you are looking for a temp sensor.

Coyote

"You sure you are looking for the cold start injector? On the 3FE in a 62 the injector is on the intake manifold not at the thermostat. Sounds like you are looking for a temp sensor." I'll updated the title, thank you

Hmmmm -- I'll ask him, but I think yes, the temp sensor / time switch part of the system ( the one on the thermostat housing ) the sensor that sends info to the cold start injector that in fact the coolant is cold and to call for a fuel spray into the intake.

Last edited:

Crash

Rising Sun Member
"You sure you are looking for the cold start injector? On the 3FE in a 62 the injector is on the intake manifold not at the thermostat. Sounds like you are looking for a temp sensor." I'll updated the title, thank you

Hmmmm -- I'll ask him, but I think yes, the temp sensor / time switch part of the system ( the one on the thermostat housing ) the sensor that sends info to the cold start injector that in fact the coolant is cold and to call for a fuel spray into the intake.
If you find the cold start injector, LMK as I wouldn't mind having a spare. (y)