• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Longwater Gulch

Jameson

Rising Sun Member
I returned to the same area on FR362, 364 Phantom Creek and Signal Butte with a buddy to camp and do some wheeling. We explored the Phantom Creek, Manchester Creek and Rule Ridge area in the morning on Saturday. In the afternoon we decided to head over to Cedar Mountain Road and hit a couple of the gulches. We headed up FR 897 "Sportsman" first. We then headed up Longwater Gulch. What a cool run! For those unfamiliar, the run goes through the old Hayman burn from 2002. While parts of the burn show signs of recovery, the view is still one of desolation. The cleared trees provided a spectacular view of the area. The terrain felt more like Moab and less like traditional Colorado 7 hours total on the trail.
20200620_144326.jpg
20200620_155712.jpg
20200620_155639.jpg
20200620_155734.jpg
20200620_201915.jpg

Crash

Rising Sun Member
The "old" Hayman burn seems like yesterday to some of us although it was 18 years ago. Driving home from Glenwood Springs, after witnessing first hand the Coal Seam Fire while doing a RS club trail clean up run up Deadman's Creek, seeing the smoke clouds on the Front Range was a surreal scene never to be forgotten. Ever. Looks like you had a good day down in the Gulches. (y)

Cocarlisle

Hard Core 4+
Crazy
I was there that day June 8 riding my dirt bike
I grew up riding that area with my dad and have great memories of that area

Cool write up for sure