Lockright install

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Anything else I should change while I'm in there? That won't add too much extra time (at least in theory, you know how these things actually go... :rolleyes: )

I'm thinking maybe inner axle seals, pinion seal, maybe bearings? I don't know, what's all in there? ;)

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
subzali said:
Anything else I should change while I'm in there? That won't add too much extra time (at least in theory, you know how these things actually go... :rolleyes: )

I'm thinking maybe inner axle seals, pinion seal, maybe bearings? I don't know, what's all in there? ;)

If your doing the front then it would be wize to service the birfs and swap in new Inner seals. Since it's almost all apart anyway might as well service the whole knuckle. Oh and since it's a locker your putting in then nows a good time to give Bobby Long a call! ;)

If its the rear then axles seals and if the axle bearings are still original might as well change them too! Then give Bobby or Pig a call for the rear Cryoed or Cromo axles! ;) :rolleyes: Before making the calls try to smuggle dads credit card, I'm sure he wont mind! :lmao: :lmao:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Sweet, yeah it's for the rear. You think I'd want that sucker in the front of my truck? You've got stronger arms than I...

And oh yeah if I'm breaking axles anytime soon I've probably got bigger problems to worry about...:lmao:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Okay, for the rear does anybody have part numbers on the bearings and/or seals that would be involved?

Thanks Mark, I've got Jeff's article from TT from a few years back and just found Woody's writeup too. And I've also heard the instructions are pretty good, so should be set.