lock-right ?

arthog

Hard Core 4+
I had a spare lock-right I put on mud. I have 2 byers with ? about course and fine spline. I cant remember what I have. I think it is course. there was a 4 spd in it before I put a sm420 in. Matt M what was your L-R you bought from me?

terry

should'nt matter,
a lock right for a 40 is the same for a 60, not sure bout the 80's
are you selling a complete third member with it in or just the lock-rite?
if you have a complete third that its in, they want to know if the pinion splines are course or fine.

just the lock rite by itself will fit a 40 and a 60 no matter what.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
yours should be fine spline since anything after 196something was fine spline axles.

most people mean pinion when talking course or fine spline, which unless you're selling comlete thirds won't matter to the locker.

wesintl

RS Moderator
most people mean pinion when talking course or fine spline, which unless you're selling comlete thirds won't matter to the locker.

I don't think that's the case here though. They are asking if it's a lock rite for a course or fine spline. Not many people buy 8 (or however many it is) spline lockers for (as ige said) 1968 or 67 and older course spline axles.

If it's the same as what you gave matt i'm sure it's fine spline.

Even when I bought a 3rd from a man-a-fre garage sale I specified a fine spline pinion 3rd. Double check would you? sure. What did I get? A late 60's 3rd with course pinion and fine spline sides :rolleyes:

arthog

Hard Core 4+
thanks for the info. I do have a buyer off mud. Now to fix the rear ARB that was just fixed. I was spinning 3 tires with ARBs ingaged.:rant: :rant:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Mine was a fine spline for my 10/76 FJ40. :cheers: