• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Lift question for a 2002 TLC

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
My buddy has a 02 TLC locked and loaded. He is a family man so his funds are usually earmarked for some other things. He just got new tires and moved up in size, he is running 295-75-16's. He asked me if they would rub while driving, he said he has like 2" of clearance.

Well I would figure that on the trail a certain amount of rubbing would be expected but am not sure so I am asking the experts out here.

1. How much rubbing can he expect on the road?

2. How much rubbing on the trail? we are taking him to Moab at the end of May for the first time.

3. What kind of lift is available? ( inexpensive and enough to clear the tires)

4. Anyone have a used lift or ????

Thanks for the replies in advance, I will pass them on to him and yes I am trying to get him to join. Just a little more talking and I'll have him hooked. ;)

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I've got a 98 with that size tire. They will not rub on or off road. he has a couple options for lift. 1. rig the factory ride height so the truck stays in high all the time. Maybe $20 in metal and bolts. 2. Tighten the t-bars and ad a 10mm spacer to rear springs. $30. 3. Sleeoffroad. 2.5" kit. $700 plus alignment.

sleeoffroad

Hard Core 4+
Option 1 not possible unless it is a LX470. Option 2 is the cheapest, but he should still get a alignment afterwards. However it does not drive nice with cranked torsion bars. Suspension is the better option for those trucks especially if you arei going off-road. Handling will be greatly improved.