Lift Installation

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Randy's lift was installed yesterday. This is a very large piece of equipment and professional installer did the work. When I arrived the shop, the installer had already stood both posts up on end. These things are massive, but I suppose when you do it for a living it is all in a days work.
w_lift001.jpg

w_lift002.jpg

There is an extensive amount of work involved in positioning everything and a transit is used to determine the alignment and shimming needed.
w_lift003.jpg

I probably missed a few steps here and there as I was also doing my tube door work on the other side of the shop. Here the installer is drilling for the anchor bolts. The floor was solid, thick and containd rebar - all good things for a lift.
w_lift004.jpg

w_lift005.jpg

Here are the cables.
w_lift006.jpg

This is the only portion of the install process where the installer needed a hand.
w_lift007.jpg

Randy did all the electrical.
w_lift009.jpg

w_lift008.jpg

Dr. Schlegs rounded up a funnel, the system was filled with hydraulic fluid and the installer moved on to bleeding the system, and adjusting cables for what seemed like a long time. We then put our rigs on the lift to get famliar with the process.
w_lift010.jpg

w_lift011.jpg

It is really cool to be able to stand up and access the lower end of the vehicle:D. While we've never had any issues with getting work done in Randy's shop, the lift is definately an improvement as we will be able to avoid rolling around on the floor.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
:D

That thing is the schizz!! :thumb:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
That's a might fine piece of equipment you have installed there Randy, I'm sure you'll put it to good use :D

Thanks for not making fun of my Chevy Trucks hat BTW when I stopped by yesterday. Oh, and I'll make sure to pay my indulgences to the shop fridge! :D

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Is there a bed and a TV up in that loft?:offtobed:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I'm wondering...Think the kids would miss having their bedrooms if I put a lift into my garage? :hill:

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
Is there a bed and a TV up in that loft?:offtobed:

Thats next year, we'll put in a lounge and a waiting area as the line forms for using the lift :D

Now we just have to get that bay walled off and insulated before it hets cold again. Oh Tom.............................

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Thats next year, we'll put in a lounge and a waiting area as the line forms for using the lift :D

Now we just have to get that bay walled off and insulated before it hets cold again. Oh Tom.............................

Just around the corner..........:) Finishing some jobs right now, got to strike while the iron is hot.

TIMZTOY

Hard Core 4+
very nice.. it looks like you went with the taller option