• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Lift Height Feedback - 2.5" vs 4"

r.swany

Rising Sun Member
Definitely down to do a front end flex test. Do you have a swaybar disconnect? If not I will be cheating.

Definitely interested to compare the two. Dobinsons steered me away from the Flexi springs and I was told the rates are designed for stock weight rigs.
That's funny. I asked David about keeping the Flexi up front when I changed the back to VT and he said absolutely haha. But maybe also that's why I measure same at your 2.5" because I'm getting more sag on that tapered section...

Swaybar disconnect hmm... welp I have 9 more shopping days before Christmas so I bet I can get that done 😂

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
That's funny. I asked David about keeping the Flexi up front when I changed the back to VT and he said absolutely haha. But maybe also that's why I measure same at your 2.5" because I'm getting more sag on that tapered section...

Swaybar disconnect hmm... welp I have 9 more shopping days before Christmas so I bet I can get that done 😂
I am using the LCP disconnect. I am very happy with it so far. It makes the front end flex out so much easier on the trails.

Smakee

A lot of folks in AZ run no front sway bar once they put the rear HD sway bar on. Anybody running front swaybar delete?

Lefty

Rising Sun Member
I’m running without a front swaybar only because my mounting tab snapped off while I was installing by 3.5vts. They’re so stiff that it hasn’t felt too unstable I’ve got a whiteline hd rear swaybar on order though. From what I’ve read they improve the ride.

Smakee

I have a Whiteline sitting in my garage. Awaiting LCP links to install. The Whiteline bar end is too big for the stock links. So it’s either grind down the corner of your brand new shiny HD bar end or get new links.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I made my own disconnects for the front sway bar. Super easy...copied LCPs design and made my own pins. I typically don’t disconnect but it does give me a bit more travel if I’m not too lazy to do it.

hard part is getting the pins back in after wheeling. You gotta be on level ground.

Edit: that reminds me...I’m not sure I ever painted them after installing ;). Hmm.

BlueSteel

Lifted
Happy to report that I finally got an alignment and with the 2.5" springs up front and 4" Delta VS arms I am at 4 and 4.5 degrees caster. On road handling is great!

How do you like the Delta arms so far? I’m thinking of buying 4” arms, I need more caster and bushings are worn on current arms anyway.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Anyone with the dobinsons springs having an issue with bumpstop contact? I have noticed my front bumps are running the inside of the coils.