• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Wanted LF 3rd gen 4runner set of beater 16" wheels and tires.

Looking to find and/or buy something? Add this prefix to your thread.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
So I just talked to USAA on my 4runner wreck. As long as a replace anything that would be stock or equivalent on the vehicle I can pull as much parts as I want. That means I can pull the slider and skids no problem. I would like to save my wheels/tires and rear locker if I can but that will require some beater wheels and tires and a nonlocking diff (if only I had just held on to the one I had lol). Anyone have any of these or know where I can track them down quick. I've probably got till Wednesday at the latest to get this all sorted is what my adjuster said.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I'd also like to add some scrap UBJs to this list if someone has some. That way I can get the JBA UCAs off too.

I have some 15” wheels/tires that I can donate to the cause if you want to come get them. I’m in the Springs. That is, if 15s will fit. They hold air and roll.

Attachments

• IMG_1262.jpeg
    IMG_1262.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I don't think 15s will fit ><

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Actually they might since they are steelies. I'm about to be down in the springs to pick up the Sequoia, could I grab them and if they don't work I'll get em back to you? Call me at 512-940-4685

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Actually they will totally fit, I checked my door tag and it came with 15s! Never realized I had the smaller brake package on here because I use engine braking so much with the 5 speed.

unimogguy

Rock Stacker
I thought someone on MUD had a third member for free to someone in need?!?!? I don’t remember they’re location…but I’ll look later today when I’ve got a free moment to see if I can find the ad.

Found it faster than I thought I would….

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I thought someone on MUD had a third member for free to someone in need?!?!? I don’t remember they’re location…but I’ll look later today when I’ve got a free moment to see if I can find the ad.

Found it faster than I thought I would….

That's for an 80 not a 3rd gen 4runner. Totally different axles.

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
Actually they will totally fit, I checked my door tag and it came with 15s! Never realized I had the smaller brake package on here because I use engine braking so much with the 5 speed.

They may fit, but beware - virtually all doorpost stickers on 3rd gens (like my '98, 5 speed, and my brother's '98 5 speed) say '15" rims' - when the trucks came with 16" alloys to clear the (ahem) heavy duty brakes. As I have learned with rims, they truly only fit when you bolt them up - not when 'somebody' or 'some label' says they will fit.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member

They may fit, but beware - virtually all doorpost stickers on 3rd gens (like my '98, 5 speed, and my brother's '98 5 speed) say '15" rims' - when the trucks came with 16" alloys to clear the (ahem) heavy duty brakes. As I have learned with rims, they truly only fit when you bolt them up - not when 'somebody' or 'some label' says they will fit.
Good to know

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member

You were right, totally just barely did not fit.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
So I decided that I'm going to buy the 4runner back at this point. At this time I still would rather see somebody in the club whos willing replace front end body and radiator get a steal on all the work I've put into but at some point I'll part it out. Still looking for the wheels and tires as I want to put the 33s on the Sequoia at some point but I'm no longer looking for an open diff rear or UBJs. Updated thread title. What lovely timing I had that this all goes down as soon as everyone is leaving for CM.