LC shops in the Denver area

I am looking to get some minor work done to the 60 before I put it on the market. I am short on time, so I will probably need to get a solid shop in the Denver area to do it.

Can anyone make some suggestions? TIA

wesintl

RS Moderator
What kind of minor work?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
ron at rmc is usually pretty busy, but worth a try. there's also comprehensive car care off evans and broadway in s denver.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
The Toy Shop on S. Cherokee.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
What about Squishy?

Squishy, you work on 60 series? :thumb:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Wow, if I told you guys how long it took me to be able to post in my own thread, you wouldn't believe me. Wes might.

I did go see Ron over at RMC and he said it was in good shape, and had a few comments on what needed to be done.

The details:

The truck overall is in good confition. The body has no major damage and the interior is in excellent shape. The only thing the interior needs, in fact, is a new brake pedal cover.

Issues:

Brakes - I had the drums converted to discs by a to-be-unnamed shop in NH when I lived in CT. The JTOutfitters kit was used and it has the usual issue with the e-brake, so my plan was to put on a drive shaft or transfer case e-brake.

Rear Rattle - I added a leaf in the rear and it rattles. I am going back to replace a couple of ubolts that won't tighten all of the way and put some rubber leaf spring cushions to replaced the aging ones and that should fix that.

Pulling - It pulls to the right when I left off the gas suddenly and when I brake hard. Ron through this might be due to one of the Eldo calipers being stuck. That might be true.

Rust - I have some small rust spots and wanted some advice on the best way to fix them. I took it to the local body shot that does a lot of insurance work and it was over $2200! It's really not that bad, but the place I took it to does a lot of insurance work and does not do anything cheaply. So with that, I took it to Ron to see what he suggested. Since I am selling it he suggested to just leave it and let the new owner decide if they want to fix it cheaply or go all out. At least they would know where the rust was.

Carb Cooler fan - It works, but only with direct current. I have not been able to find the cause it does not come on automatically. The wires all appear to be in good shape, so it has to be a sensor.

So that's it.

I would love to keep it, but I have 2 small kids and a wife that wants to trade up for an 80 since they are more "comfy". I was planning on giving it to my 3 year old when he turned 16.

Do you guys do garage days? I am no n00b when it comes to wrenching, I am just not experienced on the FJ60. Now, if you need any VW or Audi help, I can help return the favor.

A couple pics...

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
That's a great looking 60. How much are you going to sell it for?

That's a great looking 60. How much are you going to sell it for?

Thanks. I am looking to get about 6K for it, but I am willing to negotiate for a fellow LC lover that would take care of her.

I might have to through in a first right of refusal to buy it back if the buyer ever goes to sell it. Man I am really torn up about selling it. Wife or 60, hmmm.