• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Last minute Saturday trail run 4-2-22

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
Anybody want to go on a trail run with me in a stock 200 (or fj40 haven't decided yet) and 2 other people in jeeps? Always make it a point to, halfway along the trail grill up some food… We were initially talking pickle Gulch but not sure if I wanna risk the pinstripes... also open to ideas. We keep it pretty chill

Also if anybody has done any trails recently and has recommendations I'd love to hear them!

Going regardless so feel free to jump in

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I'm game! Where you wanna meet & what time?
Last time I attempted Pickle Gulch it was hella icy in the spring. But that was a couple years ago.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
was it as tight as people are saying? And what area are you coming from?
I'm in west Arvada. We had to set up some rigging in one section to keep a Cherokee from going over the edge. But in the time it took to do that it had melted enough for my 4Runner to get through. Bring some tree savers, a couple snatch blocks and lengths of rope. We can get through if there's not feet of snow. I have a winch on the front of my rig & some recovery gear.

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
Anybody interested we are meeting at the Shell gas station off I 70 and Kipling on the northside at 10:30

If anyone is thinking of coming lmk and we will wait for you...4 rigs right now

Last edited:

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
9CFF07BD-F8F3-426E-B6B6-C635577BBF15.jpeg

Trail report: the pinstripe warnings were real… my crown was broken...had to be snatch strapped after the snow got too deep

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
That's nuthin, I have a dented OEM side step and trail kisses before the first payment 😎
Do you mind if I send Yankum Ropes some of the video of the recovery? They'd like to repost it on IG.