• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Land Use Trail Support Team

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
Fellow Rising Sun Members- As mentioned in our January meeting, we will begin a program for a few individual members to support the land use efforts. This is a great opportunity to work side by side the Ranger Districts, the Land Use Coordinator, the all the Rising Sun Club Members to help drive our land and trail preservation mission and directly coordinate with the Ranger District and local communities. Our plan is for a few willing members, that are interested in becoming more involved with the club, to step into a Trail Coordinator role.

Under this role the individuals will oversee one of the Rising Sun Adopted Trails (Argentine Pass, Kingston Peak, or Jenny Creek). The role will include, but not be limited to, working with the respective Ranger Districts to communicate and coordinate the needs of the forest service and work in concert with the club to organize clean up runs and other club organized maintenance runs. This role will also work with the Land Use Coordinator to participate in any meetings held by the Ranger Districts and will report back to the Land Use Coordinator and the Rising Sun Club. This is a great way to be involved and learn about new and upcoming developments in the off road community and all around Colorado.

If you are interested please reply to this forum message or contact me directly. We look forward to having you as a part of the team.

Thank you

Aaron Moeller
Rising Sun Land Use Coordinator

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
This is indeed a great way to get directly involved with land use. If you're on the fence about raising your hand I'd encourage you to go for it or at least reach out to one of the officers to discuss. These coordinators will be well supported by the whole team and held in high regard by all!

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I wish I had time to be more involved in the club. This seems like a great intro to get your feet wet and taste the water! My issue is how busy my summers are with work. When I can change my career and even out my time I will be one of the first to jump on this.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Looking to be more involved with the club and very interested in this. Argentine was one of the first trails I drove so it remains special to me. I am also conveniently about 45 min from the trailhead. One of the few passes I have done from both sides. Happy to help if I can!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I am interested but not overly familiar with most of these sponsored trails. But totally willing to do some field research and be a part of this. I recognize this kind of involvement is vital to the future of this hobby.

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
I am interested but not overly familiar with most of these sponsored trails. But totally willing to do some field research and be a part of this. I recognize this kind of involvement is vital to the future of this hobby.
Dom... we would really appreciate your assistance with land use. We will discuss this more in detail as the spring approaches. We are happy that you are onboard.

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
Looking to be more involved with the club and very interested in this. Argentine was one of the first trails I drove so it remains special to me. I am also conveniently about 45 min from the trailhead. One of the few passes I have done from both sides. Happy to help if I can!
KC Masterpiece.... that is great you are onboard. Argentine is a great trail to be one of your first trail to cut your teeth on. We appreciate you stepping up. We will discuss more as we progress into the spring.
Thanks

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I just now saw this but please add me to your list, I want to be more involved with the club and this seems like a good entry level position to do that. I also know that we need to get more and more involved with land use or we will lose it so count me in. I don't have any particular trail in mine but something that my 100 series can go up would be a plus ;) I live on the west side of town and work from home so can get up there at odd hours during the week also.