Land Cruiser FJ

satchel

Rising Sun Member
More details coming out that the Land Cruiser Lite which Toyota has been putting into pictures for the last few years may hit production this year as the Land Cruiser FJ. Body on frame and possibly starting in the mid 20k if it does make it to the USA.

1709181871872.png

View: https://youtu.be/mBjHcrkBgUk?si=lnx9RDjL41xep5j1

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
FJ Cruiser production just ended in 2023 (it's been longer since it was sold in the US). So this is probably the replacement. I bet it never makes it to the US.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Removable top, tailgate, and round headlights … or there will be riots.
Toyota doesn't even make a convertible version of any of their sports cars anymore. I've given up on the removable top. Time to buy a Bronco.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
I too wish Toyota would make a cruiser to compete with the broncos! 35s and lockers please!!!

Sorry but that FJ lite looks like a jeep renegade.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I too wish Toyota would make a cruiser to compete with the broncos! 35s and lockers please!!!

Sorry but that FJ lite looks like a jeep renegade.
Looks are subjective of course but this truck is a shrunk down TNGA-F so body on frame real 4WD. If they sold the base version with the plain dash at $25k it would be a killer truck that would get the heck modified out of it.

Not sure it will come to the USA but it seems like a Fortuner or 4Runner sort of slot, as a feeder to Land Cruisers.