Land Cruiser Destination Club 7/29-8/2

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
This is previously was open only to the 200 series but now is open to any Land Cruiser model

Every year they try and do something different. Past runs have been to Breckenridge, Ouray, and Telluride

This year they want to hit Northern Colorado with the meet up spot being Teds place on the north side of Fort Collins

They are limiting to 100 rigs with only 20 spots still open

Info: https://mailchi.mp/59415f7719d9/lcdc-announcement-a-brand-new-destination-for-2020

Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2020-l...conf&utm_source=eventbrite&utm_term=viewevent

The organizers would love to hear from club members with experience in the trails around Red Feather, Buckhorn Canyon, Estes Park, and Boulder. They are working up the potential list of trails and there will be pre runs in June

@Codyaustin5 is one of the organizers if you have questions

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
What do they do? Stay in hotels and run trails? Campground? Forest Service permitted event?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Some stay in hotels, some in campgrounds. I dont know about the permit as the trail runs have been less than 10 vehicles each in the past. Last year I led Alpine Loop with 8 vehicles

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
What do they do? Stay in hotels and run trails? Campground? Forest Service permitted event?
I don't think they have any USFS permits. There were none last year.

Codyaustin5

Rock Stacker
Thanks Ken. Been an awesome event and this year will be #6. Crazy to think we started with 8 and last year had 70 200s. This year we are capping at 100 but as Ken mentioned opening up to all LC variants.
The event is really based around meeting people who love Land Cruisers and like minded in having a good time while wheeling. We don’t do raffles or ask sponsors to donate money but support evening events for us to hang out and talk shop.
Regarding lodging... we get everything. Camping, hotels, VRBO etc. meet each morning for trail runs with events in the evening to get together.
If interested I encourage you to sign up. A lot of fun! www.landcruiserdc.com

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

The folks that show up are generally pretty cool cruiser heads. Typically running trails from tame to pretty wild (considering the main platform). Seems to usually be 60/40ish hotel/camping. Unfortunately, It’s not a permitted event (I really hope they square this up in the future). It’s always been a good time since I’ve been going.