Kelly flats, green ridge, bald mtn - August 14,15,16 2020

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Greetings!

Let's head north to Poudre canyon and wheel Kelly flats! One of northern Co more scenic and challenging trails.
When: Saturday August 15th
Meet up at the main trail head 830
Roll out 9
GPS: N40 40.957 W105 28.980
Cb channel 4

Camping is possible and encouraged but the Kelly flats campground itself is first come, first serve and very popular. Dispersed camping and other campground groups are available farther along 14.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I have run this trail twice previously and have always enjoyed it. Heart attack hill is good fun but i have never attempted the chutes. I will most likely bypass it again this time but I will gladly photograph, help and cheer on anyone else that wants to test out their rockers😁

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
If time allows, Running another trail in the close area is an option. Sevenmile creek trailhead is down the road from the west exit of Kelly flats. Bald mountain and Green ridge road are fairly close by as well.

We (Brandi and I) will be camping in the area but we are not quite sure yet where...

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I'm trying to work it out to go on the Morrison Jeep Trail run with @Mendocino but this will definitely be on the contingency plan!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Interested:)

:beer::beer:

Kelvin

New-ish
Definitely interested. Hopefully nothing will pop up between now and then.

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
I ran it last year. Everything was fine with my 80 except the chutes. Got half way but was scraping on drivers side and decided it wasn't worth it w/o better spotting. Even then it may have just been too big for my skills.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
With some awesome help from @Inukshuk, this event has been expanded to multiple days and camping. Should be a nice tour of NoCo finest trails. Will post more details soon.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Update:
Friday aug 14 - Kelly flats into Seven mile
Meet up @ kelly flats main trailhead (mm 97 on highway 14, about 5 miles east of the town of Rustic)
Super Fun day and we will camp that evening
Saturday aug 15
Bald mountain into Green ridge road
Another super fun day and camp that evening.
Sunday aug 16
Finish or start and finish green ridge road, or run kelly again or nice breakfast and easy drive home. TBD

Please refer to the Grill n Chill #2 thread for further updates and to respond.
This is an effort to funnel the remainder of trip planning into a single thread.
Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Is there anyone here I have not heard from in the Grill N Chill thread because I am about to send a group message and want to include you. Thanks!