Just got back from Moab...

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Went with about a dozen guys to Moab, camped in the Sovereign Trail area off Willow Springs road. No pix, too busy holding the XR650 vertical.... LOL.

One wipeout, going fast in deep sand and deciding maybe if I didn't slow down I might be in the hurts. So of course, slowing down had me doing some wobbling. Would have been fine too, except one wobble caught a sagebrush root and over I go... no damage to machine nor body though, gotta love armor.

Did Sovereign, great great area and not far from a campground with showers... :D

Ended up doing 7 Mile Rim twice due to a friend wanting to take his friends back up there... did the tilty section near Wipe Out Hill (EEEK in a truck...), though we discovered a legal go-around that ends up at the base of WipeOut. Showed them Tusher Tunnel, then we discovered a new 4x4 route off of 3-D trail named Mashed Potato 4x4 Route... very few tire marks on the rocks. VERY fun route. If anyone has a moment in CM, you should go north and check it out. Near Hidden Canyon and not far from Tusher Tunnel.

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?67904-Mashed-Potato-NEW-TRAIL-in-MOAB!

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?166293-Mashed-Potato-Trail-GPS&

Didn't seem horrifically difficult, merely very FUN challenges and not a lot of danger, but perhaps we unintentionally bypassed some obstacles. We stayed on the trail marks though (it is very well marked if you keep your eyes open)... and there is a story. Let's just say there are a couple ATV guys with newfound education regarding NOT making their own bypasses when the trail gets tough.
:rant:

Standing in a fella's line of travel does make him think again about what you've just been telling him... and by golly he made the CORRECT route with a bit of manual help.

Good times. My knees ache. :lmao:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Uh-oh, Romer's lurking on the moto forum... whatever could this mean??!?

Let's see YOU do 12 hours of deep knee bends on a dirt bike and then we'll talk about knees!! LOL

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Bill we (Farnham, Farnham's buddy Lee, Marco, myself) rode the Sovereign ATV loop on Thursday, what a coincidence. We then took Willow Springs almost to Balance Rock, then turned left and rode the Top of the World Arch trail that heads north towards the Marching Men.. is that where you crashed in the sand? I did, 5x.. :) oh and this was after running all of Poison Spider Mesa and some of Spike. I understand the sore knees. and shoulders, and neck, and thumb... my thumb got jammed when I wrecked pretty good later on that day on a failed hill climb.

At least I had the good sense to go swimming after, and not run Hells.. :eek: 90 miles was enough for me that day.