• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Jimmy's Electric Adventures

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Just so awesome to see all the coverage here. :bowdown:

Also I'm calling your rig an 8E now. :)

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I got featured on TFL EV! So cool I love those guys!!

That's awesome Jimmy!

I have my guess on the answer, but will ev conversions from a company like yours be eligible for tax credits?

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
How the hell did I miss that you made it onto a TFL interview? It just displayed on my YouTube home page for the first time. Hopefully this means that it is doing well with the YouTube algorithm finally. This will have a bunch more views in short order. Super cool and congratulations Jimmy!!!!

Loving the Gamiviti t-shirt too!

J1000

Rising Sun Member
How the hell did I miss that you made it onto a TFL interview? It just displayed on my YouTube home page for the first time. Hopefully this means that it is doing well with the YouTube algorithm finally. This will have a bunch more views in short order. Super cool and congratulations Jimmy!!!!

Loving the Gamiviti t-shirt too!
Have you seen TFL's EV Ford truck? They converted this F100 to electric with the help of Legacy-EV down in Phoenix. It's super frickin cool. It really annoys me because they have the double-cardan joint for their driveshaft to the transfer case but it appears to work perfectly for them and I wasn't able to make it work :cautious:

It was cool to meet Andre from TFL he told me possibly we can do some collaboration in the future.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Have you seen TFL's EV Ford truck? They converted this F100 to electric with the help of Legacy-EV down in Phoenix. It's super frickin cool. It really annoys me because they have the double-cardan joint for their driveshaft to the transfer case but it appears to work perfectly for them and I wasn't able to make it work :cautious:

It was cool to meet Andre from TFL he told me possibly we can do some collaboration in the future.

They had this at the Fox display for Overland Expo. It was a clean build. I haven't seen the video yet. I look forward to checking it out.

aprosise

Hard Core 4+
Getting one step closer!

Jimmy and I chatted at Cruise Moab and I knew immediately I could help him out with the motor/transfer case coupler. Little did I know it would be this challenging….

First piece is the Black Box to “torque tube” adapter. The adapter needs to be 14” long, so we are coupling the two components with a thick wall tube with bearing support for the coupler shaft. Bottom of this plate will have vibration isolator “motor mounts” that will bolt into the stock cross member.

Attachments

• 0721914A-AA38-4539-8930-B50E64F2EBA7.jpeg
    0721914A-AA38-4539-8930-B50E64F2EBA7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 93
  • 04F9063E-8E34-468A-9675-5C0E22B242D4.jpeg
    04F9063E-8E34-468A-9675-5C0E22B242D4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 92

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I will be releasing a long form Christmas special on my YouTube channel from my trip to Moab this year. I have been neglecting the channel but I will be putting a lot more work into it from now on. I upgraded my PC and now editing 4k is a breeze compared to before. I had been trying to keep the videos chronological but I decided to just go straight to the good stuff and do the 4x4 driving first!

Be sure to subscribe to my channel www.youtube.com/UniqueMobility!

Teaser:

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Great video! would have loved to see you guys go back up wipeout hill.

J1000

Rising Sun Member
New Top Speed Record!

I got it all back together and took it for a test drive. The new adapter makes the truck drive amazing, it's sooo smooth! I took it up to 55MPH easily and it had more to give. Gave it a wash for the first time since Moab.

I have one problem that cropped up; my charger no longer works. I've been trying to diagnose it but haven't had any luck yet. Still unknown why it stopped charging. Everything else is fully functional. Pretty big problem for an EV if you can't charge it!

qhc55ww.jpeg

6GKi1fD.png

Last edited: