• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Jenny Creek Clean Up 8/6 - 8/7

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Has there been any discussions about the Jenny Creek Clean Up in a few weeks? Are we still planning to do it that weekend? And are people interested in doing an overnighter?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We talked a little about it at the officers meeting. @FireMike What's the word sir??

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Hey all YES the Jenny Creek work/ trail cleanup day weekend is happening!!! 8/6-7 the Boulder Ranger District is gonna meet us there Saturday morning. Sorry this wasn't put out earlier though it's been on the calendar for a while. I haven't made this before so I'm not familiar with the details yet of the meeting place. I am meeting with Joel from BRD on Monday to sign the trail agreement and work out the details he wants. I will post more info as I get it, but whoever is interested in participating should just plan on Saturday 8/6 to meet near the trailhead at 8:30 and be prepared for the day or weekend. I will post more Monday evening and discuss it at the meeting Wednesday. I really appreciate all the help we can get, Thank you!!!

J1000

Rising Sun Member
We need a current OHV permit for this trail, right? I've been planning on coming along this whole time.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Never done Jenny Creek. Any input regarding vehicle build requirements?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Canonyero

Rock Stacker
I had a great time lugging rocks on the last trail clean up. How does this compare difficulty wise to Kingston Peak?

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Mostly wooded with a burn area. Last year we cleaned up camp sites and rebuilt fire rings and had a nice lunch by a stream. May need to fold a mirror in once or twice to keep a tree from doing it. I don't recall any difficult sections. It is current labeled impassable due to a snow drift encountered early July further in towards the lake. I feel like this crew will bash through anything in the way!

Look here for more info.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
In terms of hard work, that Kingston Peak day was an 8 out of 10. This one should only be a 3 or 4ish I expect.

Unless @FireMike has something he hasn't told us. :)

Canonyero

Rock Stacker
In terms of hard work, that Kingston Peak day was an 8 out of 10. This one should only be a 3 or 4ish I expect.

Unless @FireMike has something he hasn't told us. :)
Haha I’m not worried about the rocks lol. But i Don’t want to be the slow kid on the trail if it’s too technical for me.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
LOL I thought you were talking about the work, not the trail. :homer:

The trail has one short section that has bigger rocks than Kingston Peak. With good tire placement you should be okay. The rest of it is pretty easy.

Canonyero

Rock Stacker
LOL I thought you were talking about the work, not the trail. :homer:

The trail has one short section that has bigger rocks than Kingston Peak. With good tire placement you should be okay. The rest of it is pretty easy.
Awesome thanks for sharing.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
UPDATE: Hey everyone, yes we are on for tomorrow with the Boulder Ranger District for our trail maintenance day!

Here are the details from Mike, (who's elbow deep in an 80 front axle right now).

WHAT - Jenny Creek Trail Workday. We collaborate with the Boulder Ranger district to do general trail maintenance, post and cable repair, signage, campsite cleanup, illegal route management, and many other things. This is one of our adopt-a-trails that we have done a lot of work on to keep open and this is our opportunity to work with the Ranger District to continue to do so.

WHEN - Saturday August 6th, 2022

WHERE - Jenny Creek Trail (808.1) https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd530033.pdf GET YOUR OHV PERMIT, they are now required and the money goes directly towards keeping trails like this open.
This is a requirement for doing this run since Jenny Creek is a trail. You can get one online here: https://www.cpwshop.com/

MEETING PLACE - We'll meet the ranger right at the turn off for Rollins Pass Rd. at HWY 119. Exact location is here: https://goo.gl/maps/crXaFfmB8MN36wPt6
Let's plan on meeting at 8:30AM and we'll meet the ranger, cover the essentials and get started. Ideally we'll be rolling out by 9:00am. Stay in touch with the group on FRS channel 22 and HAM 146.460

Bring plenty of water and a lunch and plenty of snacks to stay energized and eat as you go. It will be manual labor so have your work gloves, wear some boots, bring a few trash bags, and some basic hand tools (like a shovel maybe) if you have them. We will be doing trash pickup along the trail as well as any other repair, signage, or trail maintenance that the rangers would like to get done.

As always, bring rain gear, sun screen, and again plenty of water.

See you in the morning!

Thanks,

Last edited:

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Thanks Andy for the details, and everyone interested to come and help out. It was a long day but I got the axle ready for tomorrow! No more Birf Soup.... Hopefully!

Attachments

• IMG_0928.jpeg
    IMG_0928.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 94

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We are a few minutes behind this morning but will be on pur way shortly.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We came. We wheeled. We picked up trash. We sat by Yankee doodle lake. Success.
DSC_4468 Resize.jpg