Jenny Creek 4th run

wesintl

RS Moderator
Nathanial, What kind of camera are you shooting with?

As far as the post and cable is concerned I didn't think we were going down that far. As long as that drift is there people will find away around....

I think we should add the 3 user routes off of the road at the very beginning of the trail to the post project.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Wes

Nikon D-70. 6MP. 1 GB card.

I am not photoshop equipped, so in order to re-size my smallest pictures I have to upload them on an kodak online album, then right click them to save as a smaller file so I can post them. My smallest pictures on small/basic setting gets me about 235kb file size.

Groucho said:
Nikon D-70. 6MP. 1 GB card.

I am not photoshop equipped, so in order to re-size my smallest pictures I have to upload them on an kodak online album, then right click them to save as a smaller file so I can post them. My smallest pictures on small/basic setting gets me about 235kb file size.

I have an easier way for you. When ever I need to resize my pics quickly I use XnView http://www.xnview.com/ once you get it installed you:

- Tools>Batch Convert
- Choose your files or folder you want to convert
- Choose the destination folder where you want your resized photos to go
- hit Advanced
- choose resize and "----->"
- give it a size like 640x480
- OK button
- GO button and you're done!!!

It's the quickest most effective method of resizing pics I have found

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I read that too!

I was wondering if anyone else put 2 and 2 together. Pretty wierd.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
My comment about one of the pix above bears clarification.

That shot of you putting your shovel back almost looks like you were in the mud area, but I know you better than that, right?

Just for the record, I *do* know Treeroot better than that. He would never do such a thing. But we have to be careful of what we post on a public forum.

Take a look at the picture. It *looks* compromising. It *does* almost look like you were in the mud area. That is NOT the same as saying Treeroot actually was off trail - The picture is what folks who would like to shut down trails harvest from our public forums, they are more than happy to lift pictures of context and put them in a whole new context. Just bringing attention to how they see the pictures we post, and how they look to others out of context.

Brian Rasmussen from the Boulder Ranger District was up there and took lots more pictures of drive-arounds by the drift. It is awful - and it has happened in the last eight weeks or so. Our Yankee Doodle project is desperately needed. Perhaps seasonal closures of Jenny Creek are justified as well - before someone decides permanent closure is justified.

We just have to be very sensitive to appearances on that trail and on Bill Moore (and all of the high trails frankly). I seriously meant *NO* damage to Treeroot's good reputation and great contributions to trail preservation!

I apologize publicly if anyone perceived this in my comments and will publicly defend Treeroot's reputation.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Thank you Bill :)

and Nathaniel, can you delete that picture from your post? I agree will Bill that because you can't see the no motor vehicles sign behind my truck it gives the wrong impression.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Gracias, Ian!! For you treeroot, anything!! Consider it removed.

cougar337 said:
I have an easier way for you. When ever I need to resize my pics quickly I use XnView http://www.xnview.com/ once you get it installed you:

- Tools>Batch Convert
- Choose your files or folder you want to convert
- Choose the destination folder where you want your resized photos to go
- hit Advanced
- choose resize and "----->"
- give it a size like 640x480
- OK button
- GO button and you're done!!!

It's the quickest most effective method of resizing pics I have found