• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

It's nice when I can apply work skills to hobbies

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Been working on this model on and off for a couple weeks. Starting to take shape, but it's a work in progress and I've got a lot of JDM stuff to add.

Btw, I don't know exactly what font the "turbo" is, but "Tactic Round" is very close.

HDJ81_SS02.jpg
HDJ81_WIP02.jpg

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Do IT people work for beer like a mechanic does? 😜

mikedrom

Rising Sun Member
I know that a few folks on MUD have sold 3D scan files of 80 series, but this looks much more polished and appears just as accurate for anything one may want a 3D scan for (usually building bumpers, racks, or mounts).

60wag

Rising Sun Member
That looks great. Does 3ds max export to SolidWorks format? Or does a .stp file work?

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
That looks great. Does 3ds max export to SolidWorks format? Or does a .stp file work?
It imports Solidworks just fine, but you'd need to export as stp or something similar to bring it back into SW. 3ds being a visualization software, the workflow is generally one-way - design in it SW, make it look good in 3ds, profit.