Items needed for land use. Barbed wire, posts, pipe, etc.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Do any of you have any old rusty barbed wire laying around? Or non-rusty barbed wire. How about old t-posts, old weathered 4x4 wooden posts, old weathered 2x4's? Even old pieces of steel pipe would be great.
We need these items for blocking off closed areas on Argentine/Levensworth creek road.
The idea here is that we can block off illegal routes/areas while maintaining the old Mining Times feel of the area and not detracting from the overall look of the valley and it's history. Especially since a lot of the areas will be around the old mines.

I can come pick the stuff up from you.
Let me know if you have any of these types of items that you would like to get rid of. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
you'll have to make sure the materials are approved. they most likely won't allow the barbed wire. remember, you're dealing with gov't.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
If you want it I have most of a spool of 12-1/2 ga plain single strand fence wire. I'm not sure how much was on it to start, so it's at least 850 feet left and maybe as much 3,850 feet. There's a lot of it, heavy SOB.

It's this stuff.
783278.jpg

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
you'll have to make sure the materials are approved. they most likely won't allow the barbed wire. remember, you're dealing with gov't.

Yeah, they quit using cable and went to buck and rail to reduce their liability exposure. I guess they had too many motorcycle and ATV riders injured when they didn't see it. I can't imagine they would be okay with barbed wire, though it would look totally cool. :)