• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Inflatable Paddle Board for Fishing

ChewBaca

Rising Sun Member
Hey,

I'm starting to get into fishing a little more and thought I would ask if anyone uses an inflatable paddle board for fishing? I see some pretty good options out there but not sure which brand is best. If you use one could you post a review on the one you have.

Thanks,
Chewy

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
B6EFE151-7834-4AE7-A038-02CE2E9FB20B.png

We have this one from Amazon. It’s fairly robust and we will be using it for a third season this summer. The inflatable boards are a good option simply from a transport perspective. They pack down small enough to fit into most cars.

I have fished from it and it is reasonably stable. I would not want one that is narrower for stability purposes. I would say if your main focus is to fish from it, go bigger rather than smaller. This one seems to be a good all around size for our family.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
My wife has a Hala Straight Up she has been using for 6 years. She loves it. I’m not really into the SUP game but when I’ve used hers it handles my 210lbs OK. I’d probably want bigger/wider if I wanted to fish from it.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Haven't fished yet, but we have started to plan allot of our summer family camping trips around nice lakes for iSUP and just bought two more (for wife and dad).

We have gone with ISLE and now ATOLL because our friends had them and reputable brands.

ChewBaca

Rising Sun Member
I ended up picking up a fishing Kayak a month ago. I haven't had the time to use it yet but look to do so in a couple of weeks. I need to pick up a rod holder and paddle holder and should be ready to roll after that.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
FYI, I noticed Icelantic Skis just starting offering SUPs. Not cheap but if you're a fan of their skis you mike like their floaty boards.

J1000

Rising Sun Member
My wife and I both have Atolls and they are great. Don't know about fishing but it has a nice cargo net on the front, a large grip area, and it's very stable. My wife and I plus one dog have been on one before. We have gone out each with a 65lbs husky and they are super stable and take it just fine. For the price I don't think there is a better board.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Here’s my sup
Works great for fishing
I can paddle it myself while the wife rides shotgun

Is it sexy-sup?
No
Is it og-sup and useful?
Yep

Like most things cause I am old AF

C1213410-F99D-4A6A-8F98-853DCE76C907.jpeg

Last edited: