• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

I want my ARB Twin compressor + tank in the 60. Any ideas?

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
I’ve got compressor, manifold and tank. And want to replace the dinky one and mount a 4l tank. Looking for any and all ideas.

Oh I would love an external hose mount.

I have a neat little pedestal the little compressor sits on that can be modified and maybe hold a fuse box 😁

54819923-DB62-486E-B9D0-4BDD3E9880E0.jpeg

want to put it in this: (no comments on the mess of 12v crap. 😜)
9D8D2349-5B4E-4FEE-9F1F-3093CC1F71DB.jpeg
A6C107E4-488F-474D-982B-62C69F065309.jpeg
BB0B22C8-FA43-4754-86F4-EF4E73D6D16B.jpeg

54819923-DB62-486E-B9D0-4BDD3E9880E0.jpeg

rover67

Rising Sun Member
IT looks by eyeballing it that the twin will fit in that same area? I'd do the tank underneath somewhere probably... with a T to a chuck mounted on a bumper.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
do they give you a mount for the tank?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Why the tank? You'll just be waiting longer for it to get up to pressure the first time... and if that's waiting for your locker to engage, that could be really annoying. Then you're just filling up more volume before you can actually fill a tire. did you get an air horn?

The ARB twin is about as fast as co2.. I'm filling right out of the compressor and am generally done with all 4 before other setups are done with 3.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
Why the tank? You'll just be waiting longer for it to get up to pressure the first time... and if that's waiting for your locker to engage, that could be really annoying. Then you're just filling up more volume before you can actually fill a tire. did you get an air horn?

The ARB twin is about as fast as co2.. I'm filling right out of the compressor and am generally done with all 4 before other setups are done with 3.
mostly 'cuz I got it for a steal on CL and thought it would more better. :)

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I Always liked having a tank, they fill pretty quick and you can blow dust out of the truck with a air gun. Just flip it on before you stop kinda thing. For the lockers the tank fills fast and prevents pump cycling with on and off locker use.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
My experience with the tank + York in the 80 was slower filling and more leaks. I had a tank where the spare used to be, plumbed into one of the sliders also, and it seemed I was always chasing leaks and/or replacing hose clamps. But I kinda went cheap on the fittings & hose, so maybe that had something to do with it, also the heat & oil from a York just makes matters worse, all I remember is mumbling how I'd never do a tank again... :rolleyes:

Let's launch some potatoes, Shawn, hook up the tank. :beer:

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Might be able to build a bracket that goes from the inner fender where all those relays are, and then comes down to where the old compressor is. Place the new compressor flat on the bracket, and run all the existing cables underneath it. You could use existing fastener locations.

I'd put the tank under the cargo area. But like Tim says, Im on the fence as to whether or not the tank is worth it.

And if you can't make it fit, I'll trade you a york.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
My ARB Twin is in the cargo area. I run big wire (4 or 6) with 100a Marine Rated Battery Post Terminal Fuse (once I blew an 80a fuse on it) and ground to body. I don't like the idea of having it in the engine bay. Someday soon it will go on the Wits end QPM.

I have a short section of galvanized pipe at the outlet. For me it puts the outlet where I need it, and is a heat-sink. Output gets hot.

Last edited: