I think we missed an obstacle at the Rubithon

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Yeah, I don't have a vivid memory of this mud. But watching Alvaro's video got me to thinking that I'm pretty sure I followed Cheeseman to the left around that.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
We missed a lot of stuff. That is exactly why I didn't want a spotter on our run. Dave and I became good friends but I was disappointed that we had "assigned" lines. I have no doubt we could have came through cleaner if we chose our own path! I ain't got no regrets but I also will do things differently next time! :thumb:

That water puddle we skirted and took the rock line which is OK as there are a lot of 'gators in that pond and we had plenty of fun without "testing the waters!" ;)

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
Oh yeah I remember that ...Drew wanted me to go through it:rolleyes:
I recall David saying he wasn't sure how deep it was because nobody had gone through it yet:confused:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thats where the snorkel comes in handy. I think Alvaro would have sucked water into his engine when he tipped if he didn't have one.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Matt thought about going that way....I remember it well.

Considering I would have been on the PS and had Matt taken Alvaro's initial line then I'm pretty sure I would have needed a change of shorts after that :lol:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Matt- thinking like thaqt may require you to get a snorkel so you don't suck a bunch of water in your engine

Comeon and joing the dumb question club, you know you want to

Stranger : Say what is that thing?
me: A snorkel
Stranger, what? no really what is it?
me: Ok, its my exhaust
Stranger: than why does it say snorkel?

Last edited:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Nah. It's a tard magnet.

I do readily admit to choosing stuff just because I think it looks cool. But not in this case.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Looks like you guys had a good time. I'm not worthy. I would want a snorkle crossing rivers like that.