I Need a Set of Wheels and Tires.

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
I don't care what shape they're in so long as they'll go on the cruiser. I need a set asap. Thanks!

wesintl

RS Moderator
I'm going to assume this is for your 80?

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Yep - It's heading for the boneyard, but I want to keep my wheels/tires for it's replacement. I can pay cash and don't care what they look like. Thanks.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I have one stock Michelin tire. No wheel. You probably don't want it, but if you find yourself with 4 wheels and 3 tires, let me know.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
I think those are 15s which won't fit the rear on my 93.

FJBen

Yep - It's heading for the boneyard, but I want to keep my wheels/tires for it's replacement. I can pay cash and don't care what they look like. Thanks.

What happened to your 80????

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
I took a load of tents to SLC Friday night. On the way back Saturday morning the wind blew my empty v-nose trailer into the guard rail . It was all down hill from there. I didn't roll, but the trailer came around and spanked both quarters. I hit the guard rail on the right hand side of the road on the driver's front. Although I can't say the Cruiser isn't the greatest tow rig, I'm pretty impressed with it. I was able to drive it all the way home towing the trailer despite a leaking tranny cooler. I talked to Frank a bit ago and he said I shouldn't have made it. I 80 looked like a war zone from Rawlins to Laramie yesterday. I saw everything from cars in the median to a burning semi. I'll be taking pics in a bit.

I have been told that stock 60 series wheels will fit. I didn't try them though. I have tried a 15x8 with 2.5" backspacing. Any chance of you pulling some switches out prior to disposal? I need a rear defroster switch and the Power Antenna switch.

Another idea. If it just has to roll to the dismantler put any 15" wheels on and just pull the rear calipers.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
chevy wheels will work too, like wagon wheels or any of their aftermarket rwd steelies..

FJBen

I took a load of tents to SLC Friday night. On the way back Saturday morning the wind blew my empty v-nose trailer into the guard rail . It was all down hill from there. I didn't roll, but the trailer came around and spanked both quarters. I hit the guard rail on the right hand side of the road on the driver's front. Although I can't say the Cruiser isn't the greatest tow rig, I'm pretty impressed with it. I was able to drive it all the way home towing the trailer despite a leaking tranny cooler. I talked to Frank a bit ago and he said I shouldn't have made it. I 80 looked like a war zone from Rawlins to Laramie yesterday. I saw everything from cars in the median to a burning semi. I'll be taking pics in a bit.

Wow, so insurance has totalled it??? Or what are you doing with it? I'm definitely interested in it if it's still a "driveable in some form" sorta rig...

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
It's still driveable. I pulled what was left of the front bumper off and bypassed the tranny cooler to solve my leak problem. The steering wheel is 90 degrees off center now, but it still drives straight if I let go of the wheel. PM'd you back on mud as well.

FJBen

It's still driveable. I pulled what was left of the front bumper off and bypassed the tranny cooler to solve my leak problem. The steering wheel is 90 degrees off center now, but it still drives straight if I let go of the wheel. PM'd you back on mud as well.

Gotcha ;) sounds like it make work out for what I need. :D

FJBen

your PM box is full over there ;)

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Sorry about that. I emptied it out a bit. It might be a week or so before I can say what they're going to do. They don't want to pay for the trailer. I'll have to wait till the adjuster gets here to plead my case. :mad: