• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Home security cameras?

OilHammer

Hard Core 4+
I would say what you pick should largely be influenced by where you live. IMHO, the more urban you are, the more you want fast alerts more than facial recognition so you can react proactively. With today's politics going the direction they are, the thieves have a "right" to steal from you up to a certain dollar amount, so recognizing them is worthless. If you are remote-ish, then facial recognition plays a more integral part since you could figure out it's your dead beat neighbor stealing from you. ;) I use Arlo because it was on sale. It's actually great because I just stick them up and set up the alerts. For where I live now, if that thing goes off, chances are it's because Amazon walked up to the front door or a Coyote ran through the yard.

Attachments

• IMG_7807.PNG
    IMG_7807.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Moving to a house from an apartment and just want to make sure I’m set up securely. Looking for two cameras for the front and kitchen door. Can anyone recommend a system to me? I’m looking for simple and basic and easy to use essentially. Would love to just stick one up.

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
If I was just covering door ways I'd get a smart doorbell (all of the new ones have motion activated video capture which does a good job of catching faces and detail for deliveries/etc.) and one additional camera in the same product family.

I have both Wyze and Blink and really like my Blink cameras for ease of use, battery life, etc. But I bought mine before the subscription model came up and they grandfathered everyone in who owned them pre-2021.