• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Holy Cross City Trail!! July 17-19

My family has some land really close to the trailhead for Holy Cross City. I've been hiking this trail since I was a kid. I've often wanted to bring my truck and run the trail. The only problem is, I'm the only one with a trail ready rig. So, who wants to make this trail their bitch!? For those of you that aren't aware of the trail, I highly recommend Google! To sweeten the pot, my family said that I could offer up a few camping spots for the weekend. Besides the wheeling, there is great hiking, quite a few ponds and French Creek to practice your cast, and catch a few fish for appetizers! The only thing that my family asks is to maintain the social distancing thing since my aunt and uncle are almost 70.

I know it is short notice, but it promises to be a helluva great time!

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I'm going to try to make this. I haven't had time to get out this year but any trail time with you is for sure going to be an experience! :hill:

For those of you who don't know Rob, he's a helluva guy and is great to be on the trail with. He might convince you to break your truck though, lol.

Basaltfj40

Trail Ready
That sounds like a blast not sure I’m set up to do it without sliders?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Man i'd be down if i was done w/ my swap. I do plan to run HC once everything is done though.

I'm going to try to make this. I haven't had time to get out this year but any trail time with you is for sure going to be an experience! :hill:

For those of you who don't know Rob, he's a helluva guy and is great to be on the trail with. He might convince you to break your truck though, lol.

Nic!! It would be great to have you! I hope you are able to make it! Do you still have my number? I'll get you the particulars.

Thanks for the kind words! I don't convince people to break their truck, I convince people that their rig is capable, even if their nerves are questionable! I've never left a rig behind!

FunkyYota

Rising Sun Member
I could be down for Sunday. Got something going on Saturday.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Nic!! It would be great to have you! I hope you are able to make it! Do you still have my number? I'll get you the particulars.

Thanks for the kind words! I don't convince people to break their truck, I convince people that their rig is capable, even if their nerves are questionable! I've never left a rig behind!
Yeah, I've got your number. I'll try to give you a buzz later tonight.

And you're right, you don't convince people to break their truck. And even if you did, you know how to get them home for sure. ;)

FunkyYota

Rising Sun Member
I'm free Saturday if you want to run it then.

Ok, so it's looking like the trail run will be Saturday. Whether camping, or just driving up for the trail run, we should be at the trailhead at 9am. If you want to camp, shoot me a dm and we can make arrangements!

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I plan on being up there Friday night to camp. I'll call you sometime today to figure out the deets.

I'll be bringing a passenger.