Help me decide...

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
I want to post a few pictures of my Ducati Monster on my website, so I snapped a couple yesterday when I was riding around. I'm looking for 2-3 good shots, and these are the ones I like from the shots I took. Let me know which ones are decent!

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm buying the second and the forth pic. The others are cool but not as good for a listing due to the bright colors...IMO, that's just me but I really like the machine in nature.

You are selling to buy another bike or some cruiser parts right?

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Agree on #2 and if pressed I'd go with #1. I'd say #4 is probably also my second choice but the power lines distract, need to frame it better. #3 would be neat if, ironically, the sky wasn't so devoid of clouds. It's just a boring mass of blue. Bring the bike in from the extreme corner a little and get some detail in the rock undercut (evening or morning instead of harsh midday sun), it would be better.

I like a couple with the mural in the background but the bike doesn't draw the eye at all. Those would work better if you let the background blur with distance + telephoto or large aperture to work DOF. OTOH a couple work really well to highlight the art, like the last one.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
I'm buying the second and the forth pic. The others are cool but not as good for a listing due to the bright colors...IMO, that's just me but I really like the machine in nature.

You are selling to buy another bike or some cruiser parts right?

Thanks for the feedback! I'm actually starting up a small business to rent out Ducati Monsters :) I sold the cruiser a month ago or so to pay for the acquisition of a second Monster, and I'm in the final stages of setting up the biz and should be live by 8/15/14. It's a hobby more than anything so I won't be quitting my dayjob, but I think it will be fun to be able to offer something that's not currently offered in Denver. I want to keep it under wraps for now, however I will likely expand the scope of the business to offer one or two other cool things :D

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 300
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 249

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Agree on #2 and if pressed I'd go with #1. I'd say #4 is probably also my second choice but the power lines distract, need to frame it better. #3 would be neat if, ironically, the sky wasn't so devoid of clouds. It's just a boring mass of blue. Bring the bike in from the extreme corner a little and get some detail in the rock undercut (evening or morning instead of harsh midday sun), it would be better.

I like a couple with the mural in the background but the bike doesn't draw the eye at all. Those would work better if you let the background blur with distance + telephoto or large aperture to work DOF. OTOH a couple work really well to highlight the art, like the last one.

Thank you and I agree. It's funny you say that because I looked at them afterwards and think the art looks better than the bike in the pictures! :)