Help: could I borrow a part?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I need to BORROW a working turn signal/hazard flashing unit that will work on a '77 FJ40. I just need to diagnose whether that's my problem or not: I've cleaned up everything in the steering column (and learned how it goes back together - remember my lights at Beau Jo's Matt and Ige? That was from me not putting it back together right... :rolleyes: ) but still no dice. I've gotta have turn signals for pulling the sailboat this summer, but I don't really want to drop the $$ if it's not going to solve the problem.

Anyway if you've got one that I can borrow, then either pm me or give me a call 720-281-1210. I would like to pick it up early Sunday morning from anybody that has it (yes I know it's Easter, but it's convenient for me) if it's convenient for them. I'm coming from Sedalia/Castle Rock on either I-25 or Hwy 285 on my way to Golden. I can go to the east or west about 1/2 hour in either direction. If somebody in this swath or near it could help me out then let me know what time (earlier the better - 7-9 am is ideal) would work, and if you call and leave a message or pm then just give me directions to your place and tell me what time I can call to confirm if I'm coming.

If somebody has one I can borrow but early Sunday morning doesn't work then just respond can I'll try to make time later this week to come check it out. Thanks a bunch guys :risingsun

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I have my old sets of fronts somewhere in the garage

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Hazard relay, or switch? Or turn signal? I think I have a hazard relay. Maybe a switch, too.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I guess it's the relay...it's a square box mounted way under the dash. I thought the hazards and turn signals were on the same relay? Anyone let me know if early Sunday morning works for them. Thanks again.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Oh, thought you meant the light itself, thats all I have

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
If I remember correctly, there are two boxes mounted above the clutch/brake hanger in 77. I am going to try and paint the 40 this Sunday so I'll be in the driveway all day. Swing by and you can steal anything you want off the 40 as long as it all goes back before Moab. If you end up with the working signals and my truck has the problem after the fix...well....then....I'll know ;) I do have the 71 and the 73 parts available as well but I'm not sure if they are the same.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
treerootCO said:
I am going to try and paint the 40 this Sunday so I'll be in the driveway all day. .

:eek: this mighty be worth dropping by to see. What exactly you going to do? Soe rustoleum might be a good start :D

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Matt,

I've got one you can have. It is a hazard and turn signal relay. It's 3-pronged

:_
| |

I left it for you on the hood of my pig in my driveway. Come by any time and take it. Just don't wake us up! PM'ed you with directions.

Last edited:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Chris, I'll swing by in the am. And Mike, I'll probably swing by and chill with you for a few minutes while I wait for me sister to call. Thanks again ever'body!